I have no idea if this is old or not, so if it is go ahead and close this thread.

Anyway, I was at Guitar Center yesterday, waiting to buy a couple of 6" pedal cables. I was "fortunate" enough to get in line behind the guy who spends an hour at the check out, deliberating about things he doesn't plan on buying, buying a pedal, looking at more of them, buying more of them, getting strings, then putting them back and getting new ones, then putting some of those back, etc.

Anyway, he tries to get a deal in his hundreds of dollars of purchases, and the guy says that Guitar Center has been corporately bought-out, and only the manager now can give any sort of deal.

Anyone else figure this out?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
could have been lying to get that guy to leave him alone
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Kinda old news... but it sucks. I never actually bought anything from them anyway, but now I know I'm completely out of luck.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
This isn't a prank post, I actually did hear this from the guy.

He could've been getting the guy to go away, but how much longer would it have taken for a deal? The time to just say in your mind "$20 off seems good" doesn't take a very long time. I believe I overheard him say it was a week or more ago.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Bam:

On June 27, 2007, Guitar Center agreed to $1.9 billion buyout from Bain Capital, totaling $2.1 billion including debt. The deal was led by Goldman Sachs and amounted to a per-share price of $63, or a 26% premium on June 26's closing price. The deal was approved by shareholders on September 18th, 2007 and closed October 9th, 2007.[3]

And there you are, here is the Wall Street Journal's coverage:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118294460997949913-search.html?KEYWORDS=home+depot+supply+bain&COLLECTION=wsjie/6month

Mmmhmm, fake shenanigans.
Quote by Pauldapro