Ya'll know the drill.

Seriously though. I'm likely getting a Peavey Valveking 112. So I probably would like to a)change the stock speaker or b)get a nice overdrive pedal.

I would guess changing the speaker could be complicated and a hassel. Soooo just gonna look for a nice overdrive pedal instead.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
death metal pedal is the best imo
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
Quote by pcell619
death metal pedal is the best imo

digitech?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
im running the exact same set up you want to go for, i have the green screamer

i find it tightens the low end up alot as i find when palm muting without the pedal the low notes sound kinda muddy and buzz (as in the note still rings even though its palm muted). it gives the sound alot more clarity to,

the pedal can cause quite a bit of feedback though so make sure u keep the volume below half on the pedal and use mostly the amp for distortion because the pedal also causes feedback with the distortion turned up high
Swag

Schecter Blackjack C-1/C-7
Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
Quote by SuperDuperSlash
im running the exact same set up you want to go for, i have the green screamer

i find it tightens the low end up alot as i find when palm muting without the pedal the low notes sound kinda muddy and buzz (as in the note still rings even though its palm muted). it gives the sound alot more clarity to,

the pedal can cause quite a bit of feedback though so make sure u keep the volume below half on the pedal and use mostly the amp for distortion because the pedal also causes feedback with the distortion turned up high

I see

I like the way both pedals sound a lot. I would rather go with the MAB overdrive but I think it's overpriced because you're paying for MAB's name. So one way or another I'll probably end up with the Green Screamer.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon: