alright...so i play through a 75w line 6 spider three...into a hughes and kettner cab.

i have this bass head...and its got a bitchin eq on it, (not really its only like 7-8 band)

and i was wondering, would it mess anything up if i went from my guitar, to my line 6, to that bass head, to the cabinet?
I use a Marshall Head running into a Hartke Bass head (Bass combo) and it works perfectly fine, very heavy tbh, no damadge so far, and I've been using this for a while. Btw, get a better head lol, Marshall > Most other Stuff > Crappy $5 heads > Line 6 imo.

Edit: Just make sure you go from the guitar amp head into the bass amp head via the line out, not sure about going from the speaker out, might do something bad lol.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
If you are using the bass head as some kind of slave(?), I guess it would work going from the preamp of the Line 6 to the power amp of the bass head. Don't take my word for it though, get a few more opinions.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
lol, yeah that is iyo, marshals arent my style, but thats for another discussion, i dont really wanna go thru the line out cuz i was thinking of using the bass head as lube into the amp so to speak...

would the head take less raping if i went to two cabinets?
Quote by codyshredfoo
lol, yeah that is iyo, marshals arent my style, but thats for another discussion, i dont really wanna go thru the line out cuz i was thinking of using the bass head as lube into the amp so to speak...

would the head take less raping if i went to two cabinets?

I dunno what the **** that means, but I'd recommend what I said. If you try running them both into the same cab together I don't really see the point in that, won't affect the tone of the Line 6, it'll just blend the tone with the tone of the bass head.

And unless your cab can run in stereo, you can't do the ladder of the two.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
i want to use the bass head as an eq pretty much.

sorry, really noob question, does a power amp go before or after the head?
Umm... I'm not sure that would work. Anyways, it might just be a good idea to, uh... Get a new ****ing amp head, if I'm not being too cliche. Also, stick an MXR 10 band eq in front of it, or in the loop, if you'd prefer.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by codyshredfoo

I don't see how that is gonna work. You could run from the preamp out into the back of the bass head to pass the bass preamp and use the bass's power amp if the EQ is after the preamp. And even if you do that, you need a load on the Line 6 head cuz running it without hooking it up to a cabinet is bad for heads.

Just sell the bass head and get yourself an MXR 10-band man.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
see the bass amp isnt exactly mine, its my friends but its pretty much mine...but its still his so i cant really do anything with it besides use it.

and does a power amp go before the head or what?

and if i sent the line out from the line 6 to the bass head would the bass amp amplify it?

and would my hughes and kettner take less strain if i went out of it into a 1x15" cab?

im just tryin to work with what ive got here
*Sigh* If you want my quick answer is yes... It will work... It DOES work.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by codyshredfoo
see the bass amp isnt exactly mine, its my friends but its pretty much mine...but its still his so i cant really do anything with it besides use it.

and does a power amp go before the head or what?

and if i sent the line out from the line 6 to the bass head would the bass amp amplify it?

If the line in to the bass amp goes before the power amp, then yeah but I'm not too sure how clear it would be. But you still need a load on the Line 6 head like I said.

Forget about this man. Honestly just wait and get an EQ pedal.
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
well its not just the eq im worried about, i just wanna see if i have something laying around that could give my setup more balls
Just try it, you got nothing to lose, and if it's like my setup, it'll give it alot more balls lol.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
alright im gonna do it, im gonna just do the line out thing tho, ill post back in a sec tell you guys if i blew something up
so i did it, didnt blow anything up. sounds pretty brootal. i got exactly what i wanted, theres a bunch of wierd knobs on that bass amp and i dont know what they do, but i was messin around with em for a little bit and got some pretty mean crunch with the volume as low as it can go (peeps is sleepin)
I knew you'd like it =P, send me a sound sample if/when you can lol. I'll get one of mine. I have an awesome Metallica tone =D
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
lol, yeah, i never thought i could get too much distortion, its awesome.

i cant really send you a sound sample right now, ive never tried doing direct in with anything but the record out on my line six.
if it would work then ill go record somethin real quick.

right now i just started a job and dont get paid till next week, im gonna buy an interface and a mic so i can do some halfway decent recordings
Quote by codyshredfoo

Take the effects send from the guitar head, send that to the input on the bass amp.

Run another cable from the bass amps line out or effects send into the guitar heads effects return.

Or, you can send the effects send of the guitar head to the bass head with a 'Y' splitter, sending one end to the guitar head's return and the other to the bass amps input and run both cabs

Lots of ways you can do this but seeing as you've already done it my reply is pretty pointless

Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Last edited by chase312 at Jun 26, 2008,