Hello all, just thought I'd let you know that Fender recently stepped up to the plate with a bunch of new bass amplification gear. It's more of a 'redesign' of their original PRO series gear, but the premise is their tube preamp now has 1 of 2 built in solid-state power amps. They have a combo with that setup. New cabs, too. Check em out:

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?section=amplifiers&cat=new

Nice to see that they're stuff is no longer 'SWR-lite'. Thoughts?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
That new head design is odd. 3 band passive and one semi-parametric active band...blendable tube and SS pre-amps...it'd be very flexible if you're using an active bass.
I'm really curious about the cabs as I haven't heard very many good things about fender cabs in the past, and only very rarely have seen them anywhere with music stores or bands. The 6/9* 10 or 2*15 aren't really my style, but I definately hope I can check them out at some point. Come to think of it I've never seen a modern fender head in a shop or with a band either maybe some proper marketing and distribution with the new line will assure we can actually all go try them out, and then hopefully I could have something relevent to say about them lol.

With the super tube revival over the last two or three years, I honestly thought a lower wattage tube bass amp would be heading out, a new 50 or 100w bassman (other than the $1300 '59 reissue). Sure headroom issues would make it a niche amp, but with more and more tube "practice" amps and more and more tube bass amps hitting the market I thought it was only a matter or time till something like that happened. Oh well, at least fender is putting out a fair effort with developing new products.
I like that tube bass amps are starting to become more common, but its kinda the opposite of how bass amplification is going, you know? Its moving in the direction of lightweight and small, tube amps are heavy and bulky. Like the new combos weigh in the region of 80+lbs, when you have companies like Genz Benz putting a setup in your hands at around 40lbs. Speaking of combos, I think that Fender is starting to get into the expensive enough combos where I would just end up buying a separate head and cabinet. Just me though, that may appeal to some people. All that aside, I played a Bassman 250/210 in GC once, and was fairly impressed, so this new stuff can only be better.