Page 1 of 2
Does it bother you when people cite bands that you think are greatly inferior to some of your favorite bands as the greatest?

For instance, this 14 year old kid was saying how he thought Fall Out Boy are "the greatest" etc. I told him that I personally think The Beatles were the greatest...He said he didn't want to 'offend me' but he thought Fall Out Boy were greatest band in history.

Now, I know it's all subjective personal opinion...But it's like, when people cite Linkin Park, My chemical romance, fall out boy, etc. as the greatest bands I laugh a little inside..I mean not that I don't like those bands..I like LP and MCR but certainly not 'top 100' quality.
The Beatles Were alright I guess, but I prefer Aphex Twin, so what? People are entitled to their own opinions.
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
normally i would simply say that the greatest depends on the person...
but since its fall out boy the kid should simply kill himself
how can you prove that they are not the greatest bands ever ?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Quote by Red33
The Beatles Were alright I guess, but I prefer Aphex Twin, so what? People are entitled to their own opinions.

I realize this. But the beatles were one of the most influential, innovative, groundbreaking bands in history, that were also absolute genuis musicians...It's like, there is no way in hell linkin park or certainly MCR could top that...And I know it's all opinion but c'mon like, it has to bother you a little bit when people cite bands that you think are not really amazing as the greatest, right?
Quote by binforddd
I realize this. But the beatles were one of the most influential, innovative, groundbreaking bands in history, that were also absolute genuis musicians...It's like, there is no way in hell linkin park or certainly MCR could top that...And I know it's all opinion but c'mon like, it has to bother you a little bit when people cite bands that you think are not really amazing as the greatest, right?

I really couldn't care less, as a matter of fact if that bothered me I would be irritated with you right now, because in my OPINION the beatles are not that great.

Get My angle?

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
They're just calling them the greatest band because that band is their favourite.

So it's fine.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
it's only annoying when people say slash is the greatest guitarist and say stuff like "i wonder who would win in a guitar off jimmy page or slash, probably slash because he does welcome to the jungle"

anything else i don't give a crap
their only citing them as the greatest cause they havent heard anything better
by better i mean the beatles cream hendrix so on
but new bands are also awesome
they just lack musical exposure
or in some rare and unfortunate cases fall out boy ( fob:P ) floats there boat in which case i pity them
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by Red33
I really couldn't care less, as a matter of fact if that bothered me I would be irritated with you right now, because in my OPINION the beatles are not that great.

Get My angle?

But......ARGH
okay for the last ****ing time the beatles are THE best band of all time no excuses
case closed
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Oh what the hell, Dragonforce.
People that say they are the greatest have only heard one(just one) of their songs and tell me they cannot be beaten.

To me, bands that change and shape a certain genre fall under the category of "amazing" and "the greatest".
Quote by marshmellow666
it's only annoying when people say slash is the greatest guitarist and say stuff like "i wonder who would win in a guitar off jimmy page or slash, probably slash because he does welcome to the jungle"

anything else i don't give a crap

Slash is a ******* amazing guitarist, but I don't think there is a single 'best guitarist' although I feel like I'm supposed to say it's jimi hendrix.
Quote by acdclandon
okay for the last ****ing time the beatles are THE best band of all time no excuses
case closed

You don't seem to understand things.

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
People can think that...but when they act like douchebags about it, then they suck.

plus no one can really say that a certain band is the greatest of all time...well at what?

plus i doubt you've listened to every band ever (not you TS, just in general.)
Define "Greatest Band", I mean the Beatles were possibly the most popular band seeing as they are number one in record sales but your individual musical tastes define what you think is great.
"A sense of purpose overrides reason."- Terry Goodkind

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

\,,/GETCHA PULL!!!\,,/
- the late and ever-loved "Dimebag" Darrell Lance Abbott
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
their only citing them as the greatest cause they havent heard anything better
by better i mean the beatles cream hendrix so on
but new bands are also awesome
they just lack musical exposure
or in some rare and unfortunate cases fall out boy ( fob:P ) floats there boat in which case i pity them

BUt does it bother you though? Like I hate citing critics or whatever but the beatles are constantly cited left and right as the greatest band in the history of man, right? Now would it bother you when some guy says "lol, linkin park are better"
Care factor = 0
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Quote by The Spoon
People can think that...but when they act like douchebags about it, then they suck.

plus no one can really say that a certain band is the greatest of all time...well at what?

plus i doubt you've listened to every band ever (not you TS, just in general.)

I guess that's true. Just this guy on XBL said that, and I gave him my two cents, and we got in a quick argument.
how can one band possibly be the best band in history?
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
The Beatles > MCR, LP, FOB and all that **** ...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by HuckIt

Okay, but for arguements sake let's say I like Lincolin Park more than the Beatles: Does that mean I'm wrong? Nope. Should you be annoyed? Nope, becasue I'm entitled to my own point of view.

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by HuckIt

These bands are like, less that 10 years old.
They havent laid a foundation for themselves like the Beatles have.
Quote by binforddd
Apparently you don't know it's all opinion.
hell, i listen to all sorts of music. im only 17, and i love LP, RATM. )not FOB or MCR=gay, lol)
and i get crap cuz lots of my influences come from them, the RHCP's, ect. i am a big 90's fan. i think LP did something no other band did, i think rage did something no other band did. so did the beatles, jimmi H. just opinions.
Quote by Gargantuan
These bands are like, less that 10 years old.
They havent laid a foundation for themselves like the Beatles have.

Yeah, I doubt fall out boy will make prodigious impact on music and pop culture as a whole like the beatles did.
TS just wants us to validate his opinion about the beatles being the best band. Well, tough ****, the beatles suck.

How do you like dem apples?
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by binforddd
Yeah, I doubt fall out boy will make prodigious impact on music and pop culture as a whole like the beatles did.

Bah, this is just an over-bloated versus thread.

Thus, *Reported*

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
Quote by Hells_Bell
TS just wants us to validate his opinion about the beatles being the best band. Well, tough ****, the beatles suck.

...I never had that intention in mind when I posted this.

Fail.
I totally agree wit T.S. S*** pisses me off too... makes ya' just wanna kick somebody in the teeth... I gotta tell myself to count to ten, and breathe...
DAMN.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Quote by Hells_Bell

lol i dont like em that much either. other musicians tell me if i dont like the, then i need to put down my bass and shoot myself in the head. i respect them, but thats different from LIKING them.
Quote by binforddd
...I never had that intention in mind when I posted this.

Fail.

Yes you did. That's exactly what you're doing.

and tbh, I don't think they suck. I said that just to spite you.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by binforddd

Are you kidding? Have you seen a twelve year old lately? Not to mention all the bands that tried to be Fall Out Boy
I don't like the beatles. So I don't think they are the greatest. Simple as that. The fact they were 'innovative' and 'influential' really doesn't change anything for me.

Its all subjective, don't harsh on other peoples opinions like that, it just ends with you looking like a wanker.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Page 1 of 2