Page 1 of 2
Anybody else here a fan of the show Deadliest Catch? I am absolutely obsessed with it - i have followed the show all four seasons and find myself watching rerun after rerun despite having seen each episode multiple times already. This season has been alright so far, but this last episode really left the viewer hanging.

So, any thoughts?
Did one the guys nearly die in one of the more recent episodes?

Whatever happened with Phil?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Didnt the captain get sick? BTW I saw one of the captains at a baseball game.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
those guys make so much money
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
Quote by unknownpunkrock
those guys make so much money

Yeah, and awhile back I think like 5-7 of them died in a single episode >_>

Big Valley, wasn't it? Then that Samoan guy went down under...
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
yea, in the most recent episode Phil started coughing up blood and was thinking he had punctured a lung when he broke his ribs. But it got bad enough (serious trouble breathing, lots of blood), that they in fact took him in to an emergency clinic on st paul island. turns out it wasnt due to any broken ribs. instead, the doctor just saw some white stuff (for lack of a better word) in his lungs...

the episode pretty much ended with phil and the doctor talking about the possibility of cancer. ****.
My dad used to do that. Once a wave went over the boat sending a shark onto the deck and his friend put it up to his face while he was sleeping. My dad was pissed lol.
Quote by yoshixxx7
Didnt the captain get sick? BTW I saw one of the captains at a baseball game.

which one?
Team Coco
i can't get into that show it feels like the same thing happens in each episode

the most "dramatic" thing i ever saw was that they had too many crabs and had to throw some overboard an everyone was crying like "oh no i can only buy two ferraris now! boohoo!"
i just watch the newest episode.

they definitely let you hanging with what happens to Phil.

i already read an article about it though, so i know whats going on. i wont ruin it for anyone, but if you want to know more, you can probably find it.
Quote by marshmellow666

the most "dramatic" thing i ever saw was that they had too many crabs and had to throw some overboard an everyone was crying like "oh no i can only buy two ferraris now! boohoo!"

The reason theymake so much money is because they do this a month outta the year and live on what they make that month.
Quote by marshmellow666

haha okay, so granted, most episodes are indeed the same thing over and over again - set gear, pull gear, sort crabs, repeat. but for some reason, for FOUR YEARS it has absolutely captivated me.

however, there are a lot of dramatic moments - for example, last year when the time bandit somehow managed to pull another man from a different boat out of the bering sea during stormy seas. or other boats sinking. or the featured boats getting slammed by rogue waves. or captains nearly dying. or serious injuries. etc etc etc

so yes, while there is a lot of repetition, but there are a lot of intense moments as well.
Quote by marshmellow666

You do realize that if things go bad and they don't make what they need to, they're all pretty much fucked, right?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
You do realize that if things go bad and they don't make what they need to, they're all pretty much fucked, right?

If by "****ed" you mean dead and probably in debt, then yes.
boring..... i used to watch a couple of times..... then it just got so dull, its like.... work or somin, damn
i dont get it haha. it seems like people either LOVE it or just find it really boring and not entertaining. i dont think i have ever even remotely found it to be dull or monotonous
I freakin' LOVE Deadliest Catch.

Phil was my favorite captain, now that he's all sick he doesn't do much so I think Sig is my new favorite.

I love Edgar's smart ass comments he makes all the time.
my favorite captain is jonathan hillstrand. i love listening to him laugh like a madman. sig is a badass too (as is the rest of the crew of the northwestern), but the time bandit is where its at
It depends. Sometimes I do other times I don't. But the Time Bandit is ny favorite ship. Great crew.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
ah yes...love the show...Sig is the best out of all the captrains...Wonder what happens to phil though
Quote by rock.freak667
ah yes...love the show...Sig is the best out of all the captrains...Wonder what happens to phil though

Sig kicks ass.

After watching the show as much as I do, I would love to go out for 1 season and catch crab. As dangerous as it is, I think it would be fun to do at least once.
pretty sweet series. Phil might lose his boat
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
i wonder how insurance/liabilities for the boats work. for example, i wonder just how bad someones health has to be for him not to be listed as the boats captain. i mean, i know that the crew all have to be in great physical shape (as it is such an incredibly demanding job), but im curious as to how that works with the captain. i cant imagine that the boats owner would want someone at such a serious risk for a heart attack (phil) or other serious ailment.

im dying to see tuesdays episode to figure out what happens!!!
The show is okay, but once I start watching I can't stop... and they always play like 3 episodes in a row.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by seanfysco
i just saw Jonathan Hillstrand where i work.

i met Jonathan and Andy Hillstrand in an airport 3 weeks ago
anyone watch the new episode last night?!

turned out phils problem was a rogue blood clot (for lack of better words).

and they finally revealed the greatest thing about the time bandit - the sauna!!! i had read that when the hillstrands built this boat (actually the second time bandit), they personally designed each aspect of it and included a sauna. i have been waiting and waiting to see if they reveal it to the viewers

EDIT:
Quote by seanfysco
i just saw Jonathan Hillstrand where i work.

where do you work?
anyone see the episode where he had to put a hot needle through his finger nail. you could hear it all ozzing and sqishy, it was gross for my family but i luled
The only channels I really watch on T.V. are TLC, Discovery, National Geographic, Discovery Times, and the Military channel (along with FOX or Comedy Central every once in a while). So yes I do like watching it when its on. But lately it seems like nothing really new has been happening, at least not in any episodes I randomly watch.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Sig is my favorite by far...

I really don't watch the show that much, but it just seems like the reruns are all that is on Discovery now.
Life Sucks, And Then You Die

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile

Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/10/obit.captain.phil.deadliest.catch/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Capt. Phil Harris of the Discovery Channel show "The Deadliest Catch" died Tuesday of complications from a stroke suffered late last month. He was 53.

Harris, the tattooed and gruff captain of the Cornelia Marie, was a fan favorite in the reality show about crab fishing off Alaska.

"Discovery mourns the loss of dear friend and colleague Captain Phil Harris. He was more than someone on our television screen. Phil was a devoted father and loyal friend to all who knew him," a statement from the network said. "We will miss his straightforward honesty, wicked sense of humor and enormous heart."

Harris suffered a massive stroke on January 29 while his crew offloaded crab at St. Paul Island, Alaska.

"It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad -- Captain Phil Harris," said a statement from his sons, Jake and Josh Harris. "Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end."
I heard about that. Sad. He seemed at risk for something like that though. Didn't he have a health scare on one of the episodes?

Still, really sad. He was one of the more interesting guys on the show.
Quote by daytripper75
I heard about that. Sad. He seemed at risk for something like that though. Didn't he have a health scare on one of the episodes?

Still, really sad. He was one of the more interesting guys on the show.

Yeah, I remember that episode. I think that ended up being a coronary embolism.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by wahappen

That might have been it. I know it was something fairly serious though. So I guess this isn't a total shock.

Doing a job like that for years would be enough to kill most people. It seems incredibly stressful.
This is pretty big to us here in Washington, quite a few people have seen him around here in the offseason, and I'm sure he's a great guy. Really sad to see him go, I have quite a bit of respect for him by watching the show, and he was one of my favorite captains.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by wahappen

I think it was a pulmonary embolism.

I think a coronary embolism effects the heart.

His problem was he threw a clot in his lungs.

The second post of this thread is a little haunting.
Team Coco
Love that show, My TV is on the discovery channel all the time! Haha.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
R.I.P. Phil Harris. You will be missed.
My frozen dairy beverage bringeth all the gentefolk to the yard. And theyre like, its better than thine. I could teach you but i must levy a fee.
Page 1 of 2