Okay I've been playing guitar seriously for about a year and though i know quite a bit about guitars amps etc i dont know nothing when it comes to capos and now I've been getting into songs to play that require a capo and for writing i may want to use a capo. So whats the best capo within about 10 - 15 US dollars?
Thanks any help apperciated!

Jim Dunlop Trigger

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
^ +1
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Thanks for the great answers but would either work for drop tunings I really dont want to have to buy two seperate ones for standard and dropped so would the tripper work for both standard and dropped?
i purchased a capo about a year ago. and i've used it a total of 0 times. actually i think my friend has had it at his house longer than mine. its totally useless...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Yeah, the trigger has been faithful through all kinds of crazy tuning adventures that I've put it through. I've since moved on to a G7th Performance Capo, but I use the Trigger all the time regardless.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Sweet! Its a bit more but defintely looks worth it and if it can handle all tunings would be better than buying several for all different tunings.
Thanks!!
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

Jim Dunlop Trigger

+3.14159

I have a chrome Jim Dunlop Trigger... Very practical, effective, and fast to place/remove.

EDIT: as far as i know, there aren't capos for different tunings, the tuning doesn't matter (feel free to correct me). The capo only changes the open string notes... So, the open string notes will be affected depending on the tuning/fret where capo is placed.
[Sorry if i didn't express myself in an explicit way... I'm Portuguese! ]
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jun 26, 2008,
I use a G7 capo. Best one out there.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
I use Paige capos on my guitars and banjos, they work great and are more precise than the clamp on types. You do have to spend a couple seconds turning a thumbscrew to tighten them up. I mostly use the capo on the acoustic though.