So the Edge III in my Ibanez RG370DX has finally reached its point of no return: It won't stay in tune, it's harder to level it out, etc.

What would be a good, no, an awesome floating trem to replace my ****ty one? I'm looking for one that will last me for years if at all possible. Price is not an object. I'd prefer to not have to do any routing on the body, though.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I don't tend to use the forums outside of the pit, so I hope this isn't the wrong place to put this...
Last edited by synpet713192 at Jun 26, 2008,
I have never had a problem with the edge 3 its actually really nice, try getting some trem lube..yes they make that you have to lube the pivot joints or it causes problems that seems to be the most common mistake among floating bridge users..but if you want to replace it i would say go with the edge pro that is in the jem..its amazing
Quote by musiclover2186
I have never had a problem with the edge 3 its actually really nice, try getting some trem lube..yes they make that you have to lube the pivot joints or it causes problems that seems to be the most common mistake among floating bridge users..but if you want to replace it i would say go with the edge pro that is in the jem..its amazing

I'd like to stray away from the Edge bridges if at all possible, but thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.

And wow that was fast. I didn't expect a response so soon.
you need to look how to put the edge 3 certain angle then it will stay in tune and i think theres nothing wrong with trem
Isn't an OFR a direct swap D: should probably go with one of those
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Quote by ozoneslayer
you need to look how to put the edge 3 certain angle then it will stay in tune and i think theres nothing wrong with trem

well, if it's level (parallel with the body), it won't stay in tune. If it's leaning in on the body, there's a terrible amount of fret buzz, and if it's leaning out, it doesn't sit right with my hand. Unless I raise my action (which I am not one to want to do), then changing the angle won't really help in this case.
Quote by jessejames1414
Isn't an OFR a direct swap D: should probably go with one of those

I've considered it, but I don't really know. This ibanez is the first guitar I'd ever used or owned with a floating trem, so I don't really know what fits what (since this'll be my first change to the guitar).
But since you say it's a direct swap, I'll look into that. Thanks.
The OFR will fit ALMOST perfectly. A little sanding of the lower side of the bridge where the bar might be necessary. Other than that i highly suggest get an OFR. Nothing wrong with them. Be sure to replace the locking nuts as well as the studs when you get it.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
The OFR will fit ALMOST perfectly. A little sanding of the lower side of the bridge where the bar might be necessary. Other than that i highly suggest get an OFR. Nothing wrong with them. Be sure to replace the locking nuts as well as the studs when you get it.

Why should I have to change the locks on my nut?

But thanks. I'm thinking I'll end up going with the OFR. Price?
OFR is the closest fit for an edge 3. it will require some modification to the routing of the edge 3 recess like the other guys mentioned but nothing that wont take too long or require special equipment.

The other option is to resharpen the knife edges of the existing trem and lubricate the knife edges with somthing waxy that wont tarnish the finish like chapstick.

As for not liking the Edge bridges, tut tut, if you read about you will find most of the edges are excellent and some concider them to be better than an OFR, especially the orignal edge and lo pro edge. Shame they wont fit without a fair bit of work and mod to your guitar.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso