has anyone tried a dmm in the fx loop of a dsl401? mines sounds realy bad in the loop, i always get a big drop in volume when i turn it on and it doesnt matter what volume i have the pedal set to, it sounds good in the loop of my jubilee though, my small clone is the same, sounds bad in the loop of both amps yet sounds good out front, anyone any ideas why?
thanks
Because the pedal has gone in after the pre-amp. If it sounds bad, just put it in front of the amp?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Yeah distortion pedals etc are suppposed go in the same way as the guitar!! ie before the pre amp!!! Only modulation (delay, chorus etc) are supposed go in the effects loop!!
Quote by SHAUNYSHAUN1234
Yeah distortion pedals etc are suppposed go in the same way as the guitar!! ie before the pre amp!!! Only modulation (delay, chorus etc) are supposed go in the effects loop!!

the DMM is a delay pedal.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
On my DD20 it has several "output modes" that are used based on if you have unit in front/or in fx loop. One output is rated at -20db and one is at +4db, and is a system setting.

Perhaps your DMM has a similar setting? this would certainly effect your volume in the fx loop.

I used to have a DSL401 and I sort of remember it having an effects loop volume as well...if so, you might want to also check the amps fx loop volume.

Good Luck
That because it has a parallel effects loop, meaning the delay signal is mixed with the original signal. If it has a mix knob turn it to full, otherwise you can't do much about it.
Quote by Horlicks
That because it has a parallel effects loop, meaning the delay signal is mixed with the original signal. If it has a mix knob turn it to full, otherwise you can't do much about it.

This. My laney has both types of FX loops and the DMM sounds crap in the parallel one.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
^ OT here, but would you recommend the DDM for me? I want a Delay pedals that's warm but doesn't need tons of repeats.
Quote by Horlicks
^ OT here, but would you recommend the DDM for me? I want a Delay pedals that's warm but doesn't need tons of repeats.

Definitely, I'd still recommend trying one yourself though. It's a great pedal but you might be looking for something else.

How many repeats would you normally play with?

My Music
Quote by Horlicks
Just a couple to thicken up solos really, how long is the time on it?

A couple of repeats it'll do fine, I usually use it for about 3 or 4. Anything over 5 repeats and it starts to get less defined and more trippy which isn't really desired for the kind of shred stuff you're into, it's a great sound when used right though.

The delay time is 550ms, doesn't sound like a lot but it's more than enough for most stuff.

My Music
Horlicks, you would probably love a DMM then. Its a pretty sweet delay, nice and warm, and the 550ms is enough for pretty much everything. Even on my DD20, playing circa survive type stuff i don't think I use any settings with over 600ms of delay.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by timi_hendrix
This. My laney has both types of FX loops and the DMM sounds crap in the parallel one.

that must be what the problems is then, i have the fx mix up full
thanks
Quote by Horlicks
It isn't me playing

I know, fool

Quote by scottish nutter
that must be what the problems is then, i have the fx mix up full
thanks

Yeah, in that case there isn't really much you can do. I ran my DMM in front of the amp for a while, it doesn't sound that bad so you should be able to manage.

My Music