i have a gibson les paul standard and i have not modded it in any way. can anyone tell me whether the humbuckers are "4 conductor humbuckers", so that i can do a Jimmy Page mod on it?

thanks
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
All Gibsons comes stock with 2 conductor pickups in it. However I don't like coil splits, I find that they take away from the clarity. Also Jimmy didn't do the new wiring until AFTER Led Zeppelin actually....
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
okay, its just that i want to get the out of phase sound and i was looking around and i came across the JP wiring, which includes this and many other cool sounds (like putting the pups in series to act as one huge pup). i'll probably just rewire the pups for the out of phase and get a push pull pot installed so i can switch from normal to out of phase.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.