Summer time. With my awesome 27 hours a week of minimum wage ($7.15/h ), I should actually make some decent money. Add in any money I get selling my current amp, assuming I can sell it, and I can actually get a nice set up. I play mostly metalcore/hardcore music, so that's what I want to set my tone around. I want to have a nice, tight, ballsy sound. Here's what I've been looking at.

1. Amp (B-52 AT-112)
2. MXR 10-Band EQ
3. ISP Decimator
4. My Bad Monkey

I can use the bad monkey to tighten the disotrion a bit, and the equalizer to dial in the exact tone I want, right? And is there any effects I should look at, like a chorus or something?
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II [Heavily Modded]
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
yes, you can tighten up the gain with the bad monkey. most people turn the volume on the pedal to full and the gain down. I personally am not keen on 2 band EQs, but yeah, it does give a relatively good amount of tone shaping. As for other effects, what you should look at depends on what you want, try out a bunch of different effects and see if they do what you want.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Wouldn't the MXR make up for the 2 Band EQ on the Bad Monkey if I put the MXR after the Bad Monkey in the chain?
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
The ISP is a very good choice, and from I've heard the amp is good too. I don't think we have them over here in the UK but they've been referred to 'a poor mans Mesa', so I imagine it'll do what you want.

The Bad Monkey I'm not entirely sure about. It never really struck me as a traditional metal 'boost', you might want to look at something like a Tubescreamer or a Maxon. But still, wait till you have your amp and try it then and see if you can dial in the sound you want, the EQ will be a great help there.

EDIT: What are you looking for in other effects? Phaser, chorus, flanger... what are you likely to use?
And just to make sure...it'd be a good idea to buy this all used, right?
Guitars:
Hand-Built Jem Copy
Rouge RA-100

Amps:
Crate VC-50
Epiphone Studio 10

Pedals:
DigiTech Bad Monkey
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss Noise Suppressor
It'd be a lot cheaper yea. If you have the budget to go new for it then there's no reason not to.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
i found the b52, didnt have much gain, i mean it was there, it just wasn't like balls out brutal lol

just putting it out there
haha
Another amp choice for Metalcore/Hardcore would be a Bugera 6260. It's raw and agressive, yet still tight. But the AT isn't bad. I found mine to be a bit fizzy when i had it and yeah, like scooby snacks said it was just missing something. The MXR 10-band in the loop might fix that problem tho.

BTW, nice choices tho
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Asking wich effects you should get really isn't going to give you a definite answer.
Best thing is to try them out at a store and see what you like,
and think about what you'll actually use.

Try out some Chorus and Delay pedals.
They're very common, and I'm pretty shure you could find a use for them.
rok is right...you have to go to a store and see which effects you like to use.
Fender American Telecaster (60th Anniversary)
Egnater Rebel 30 Head/Cab
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station