For music, our assignment is to 're-do' a Michael Jackson song.
My idea was to make a metal version of Beat It, so I arranged one and recorded it last night.
It's just an idea and the solo's were improvised.
Just wondering if you guys could give me any advice on how to improve it.
I'm going to put a melody in later, just haven't got around to it.

Any crits would be greatly appreciated.
Song is on my profile under the name "Beat It"

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
Be more imaginative and do a different Michael Jackson song is my suggestion, Beat It was pretty much a rock song already.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I really liked the harmonizing you did for the main riff, and the drum beats are pretty good, I liked them, but the song itself got really repetitive, but musically, it was good.

I really liked your solo, the fast run at the beginning of it really gave life to the song, the slow buildup after that really gave it a nice dark mood, but most of the solo after that lost a bit of its spunk, but still great, just in comparison to your fast run, I think it didn't sound as powerful.

Can you please crit my Master Of Puppets cover?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14968777#post14968777
Quote by StiltonCheese
Fall Out Boy have just done a pretty good version of Beat It...

Can't believe you just said that.

Nice Cover anyway - sounded really awesome with the harmonized guitars especially.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Can't give you points for picking a song that hasn't been covered to death, but great cover nonetheless. Really sounded good.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Thanks guys.
Yeah I knew it'd be Michael Jackson's easiest song to "metal" up, but that's the reason I picked it, to be honest.
My music teacher asked me to do 3 as opposed to 1 song. So I whipped up that as an idea, and I'm also doing a G-Funk version of Billie Jean, and I'm undecided on the third.

I'm putting in some singing tonight (cousin might be coming 'round), and if I get that done, I'll re-upload it.
Thanks for all your input!

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
nothing like giving props to a pedophile/diddler by redoing one of his songs..you should all be shot!
when you said 'metal cover of Beat It', i scoffed. I mean, that's like me saying i'm doing a metal cover of Enter Sandman. But this was pretty good, i love the intro and the solos were awesome. i can't wait to hear this with vocals.
that cover was probably the only good beat it cover i have EVER heard. well done! it beats having to listen to fall out boy.
Quote by Fzau
Wait.. you had sex thirty seconds ago and now you're in The Pit?
... you sir, are sick...

Quote by timeconsumer09
Quote by ThatGuy177
I can play bass.
That's not a useless talent.
It's just useless.

That was good! The only thing I could say is the drums at the beginning scared the **** out of me! I'm wearing headphones, and I think the effects were a bit... Much.

Still, really good, keep it up.
Harmonizing the main riff was great, i liked it. Maby if you add a guitar doing the vocal melody over top it would make the song a bit less repetitive, although that might have been what you ment by Melody in you OP. The solo was very nice, loved the first bit. Drums were well done as well. You did an ace job in mixing the tracks together. You had excelent tone. Sounded like you had a phaser on at some spots? Dunno, but it sounded good.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899089&page=1&pp=20
Quote by Tubyboulin
Harmonizing the main riff was great, i liked it. Maby if you add a guitar doing the vocal melody over top it would make the song a bit less repetitive, although that might have been what you ment by Melody in you OP. The solo was very nice, loved the first bit. Drums were well done as well. You did an ace job in mixing the tracks together. You had excelent tone. Sounded like you had a phaser on at some spots? Dunno, but it sounded good.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899089&page=1&pp=20

Yeah I put a phaser on some of the solo bits and some delay and such, because the teacher said we need to use 5 different effects during the song...hence the weird panning in the drums at the start

I was going to put in the guitar doing the melody but I wasn't sure if I should do that or try and write in a keyboard/synth part, or get some singing...my cousin didn't end up coming 'round as I've been out for the last few days...

The drums were all done on Garageband with the "Rhythm Section" add-on pack.
It's pretty handy.
I'll crit yours in a sec.
Thanks!

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
I really like this one. Pretty cool that you did it real slow. Solos are amazing. Pretty cool licks and i like your tone as well. Pretty good job.

c4c? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=901855
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots