Does anybody else think that Ralph Santola (currently of Deicide) is extremely underrated!!! I mean, Deicide arent that good, but his lead work is..beyond brilliant. For me he is right up there with Marty Friedman and Jeff Loomis. Agree?
Im guessing you have just bought the Stench of Redemption.

Old Deicide solos > New ones.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I didnt know he had a solo album, whats it called? Yea I got Stench of Redemption after seeing one of the videos.
I guess you're not up to date, but Ralph Santolla isn't in Deicide. He left last year and then came back to do session guitars for Til Death Do Us Part.

He's decent on Glorious Burden and on Stench of Redemption, but nothing to get fanboyish over.
I've found Jesus
I get this feel from his playing, its very...80's? I guess. Excuse my ignorance, but does he write any killer riffs or is he primarily a soloist. Also I loved his Betcha Cant Play this in Guitar World.
Quote by metal4ever6328
I didnt know he had a solo album, whats it called? Yea I got Stench of Redemption after seeing one of the videos.

Shaolin monks in the temple of metal
Objectively Santolla on The Stench of Redemption was fantastic, period. His soloing was fast but also intelligent. Instead of mindless wankery he emphasized each song in a sensible manner. However I do agree with the comment on the 80's throwback. Some of the atonal aspects in his licks remind me of Death.
Quote by AMGram
Some of the atonal aspects in his licks remind me of Death.

Doesn't surprise me because he toured with Death back in93
I think hes an excellent guitarist. I love his solos on The Stench of Redemption.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Comparing Ralph Santolla to Jeff Loomis = instafail

Yea, you are right. I like Loomis a lot more.
I always disliked him because i felt he didn´t fit in with deicide. Like friedman in megadeth, great guitarist but in wrong style.
hes cool, but the best move deicide pulled was recruiting jack owen
whilst ralph is a better soloist
i think in general jack is a better player