so im nervous about tonight.. not because i havent played in front of ppl at a bar but bc i never play lead and im gonna have to tonight for a few led zeppelin tunes maybe a few others.. but def gona play 'out on the tiles' 'whole lotta love' and 'good times bad times' .. any tips on how NOT to F up the solos..

salud.
Practice before hand.
Don't concentrate too hard
Let it flow out of you
and keep going if you do ess up

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by dancesisidance
and keep going if you do ess up

This. No matter what happens do not stop, nothing looks more amateurish.

Practicing is good to though, and definitely don't over-think what you're doing.

Edit: If anyone says "You messed up blah" then just say "No I didn't, it was jazz improvising."
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Have a few beers but not too many lol that always loosens me up...just remind urself u can play them...plus try to make them ur own ppl repsect that more than playing them exact
yeah, and i guess ill be drunk enough to where i wont care if i mess up.. but hopefully not to drunk so i can actually sound decent. haha
practice. make sure you warm up. stretch.

and when you f*** up, dont stop. continue the solo.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by Orethor
Have a few beers but not too many lol that always loosens me up...just remind urself u can play them...plus try to make them ur own ppl repsect that more than playing them exact

good call
Quote by Orethor

I really don't recommend this at all; beer makes you relaxed that's for sure but you'll also loose co-ordination and look like an ass. No more than one beer before you go on, seriously; I've seen the results of more than that up close and it's not pretty...

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The most Important thing is to really have all solos down, so you can play them even with your eyes closed. When you're the most comfortable with your playing, you will not feel nervous. And also remember that even though the crowd may be enjoying the music, the music is really about your own emotions, so just really enjoy yourself up there and don't get too tense
dont try anything fancy be your self and have fun.. no ones expecting you to be amazing ..
don't look at the crowd... just imagine you're alone in your room and the rest will come.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by blindsidedx
Picture the crowd in their underwear?

That can go quite wrong if there's someone hot in the audience...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.