Ok, I'm buying my 2nd guitar and am toying with the idea of one with a Floyd Rose tremolo or something along those lines (never had a trem before). Generally people recommend just getting a Floyd Rose Original, but are there any other brands or types that are of similar quality, cause after a bit of shopping around, I'd be limiting myself a fair bit just looking at ones specifically with an Original Floyd Rose, so how do the other types compare? For example, the Ibanez ZR? Or what about the Floyd Rose Licenced, are any of those any good?
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Make sure you get a ZR, Edgo Pro, Kahler or Official Floyd Rose, I think just about all the others have notorious issues with stability after a few months/years.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Kahler are only on Gibson and Epiphone aren't they?
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Quote by urf_

I believe there's one on the Kerry King signature model from BC Rich.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by urf_

Well you can get Kahlers and OFRs as an after-market add-on if you're into that kind of thing.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I believe there's one on the Kerry King signature model from BC Rich.

I stand corrected.
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
Do any companies make decent Floyd Rose Licensed?
Gear:
-A Guitar
-A Bass Guitar
AND...
-amps for BOTH of them!!

(who cares?)
gotohs are awesome. but they don't come on many guitars.

i've also been hearing that OFR QC is going downhill too, but that's hearsay.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Steinberger systems are among the best tremolos I've com across, I'm not sure if they can be fitted aftermarket. If I ever buy another floating trem guitar, it'll be a Steinberger.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've also been hearing that OFR QC is going downhill too, but that's hearsay.

Re-he-he-he-heaaaaally? </Ace Ventura>

Where'd you here that then? And is there any evidence to back that up?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Tom_hatton
ZR is THE best floating trem. Ever.

Ever played a Steinberger TransTrem?
Quote by Prophet of Page
Ever played a Steinberger TransTrem?

ZR is THE best floating trem I've tried.

I haven't played one of those, but I've played pretty much everything else on the market. How are they better than the ZR? I'm curious now.
Quote by Tom_hatton
ZR is THE best floating trem I've tried.

I haven't played one of those, but I've played pretty much everything else on the market. How are they better than the ZR? I'm curious now.

Well, firstly, it shares alot of functions with the ZR. String breaks, you stay in tune, etc. More to the point, you can use the trem to accurately (and I mean accurately) raise and lower the pitch of entire chords (the ZR ain't quite this good), or lock the trem down, and use it to transpose the guitar precisely anywhere from two steps below standard to two steps above, in perfect half step increments.

The trem is exceptionally stable, and is easier to use than the ZR which I found quite stiff. And did I mention that restringing is amazingly simple?
Quote by Prophet of Page
Well, firstly, it shares alot of functions with the ZR. String breaks, you stay in tune, etc. More to the point, you can use the trem to accurately (and I mean accurately) raise and lower the pitch of entire chords (the ZR ain't quite this good), or lock the trem down, and use it to transpose the guitar precisely anywhere from two steps below standard to two steps above, in perfect half step increments.

The trem is exceptionally stable, and is easier to use than the ZR which I found quite stiff. And did I mention that restringing is amazingly simple?

Hmm, sounds good. I'm not a big trem user to be honest, but when I played with the ZR I was thinking '...wow, this is really damn good!'.

I like the sound of that, I think I'll check it out. Plus your name is the same as mine, so you get points for that
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Re-he-he-he-heaaaaally? </Ace Ventura>

Where'd you here that then? And is there any evidence to back that up?

http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30597&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=gotoh+floyd+rose&start=15

post #4 and #11; i realise that was posted about a year ago, i guess i was a little off the ball... but suhr has definitely changed to gotohs: http://www.suhrguitars.com/bridges.aspx (4th one down).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30597&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=gotoh+floyd+rose&start=15

post #4 and #11; i realise that was posted about a year ago, i guess i was a little off the ball... but suhr has definitely changed to gotohs: http://www.suhrguitars.com/bridges.aspx (4th one down).

If Suhr says so that's good enough for me, cheers for the info

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Prophet of Page

that sounds pretty cool. i'm gonna have to get to try one of those.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If Suhr says so that's good enough for me, cheers for the info

i only noticed it because someone on the BKP forum got a suhr, i pointed out it had a gotoh trem, some posts ensued with the usual, "wouldn't you expect an OFR for that price of guitar?", and then the dude who'd bought the guitar linked to that post. Much hilarity ensued.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the falcon trem system on blades is the best out there. Work like a vintage trem when u push down, and when u pull up it pulls the blocks the string sit on up. Its genious, and with the lockling tuners you can literally restring in under 2 minutes. My teacher did it infront of me. So all the cool tricks with a floyd, but none of the hassel
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
^ i've never tried it, but it does sound good. I know they explained it in one of the magazine reviews a while back (guitar buyer, maybe?) and it did sound nice.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?