This guitar caught my eye by its looks. It looks pretty sweet, i love the color and the body shape. I pretty much love the whole thing. Im not sure if its going to be the right guitar for me though because i have read the edge 3 tremelo system on it sucks!. But then i have heard its very good. I have also heard that this guitar has like an amazingly fast neck. So if anyone actaully has this guitar i want your opinion on it plz. Tell me everything you can
Ive played it, and its really nice,

Alot of times its kind of a hit or miss situation with these guitars, sometimes you get a good one, sometimes, not so good, is what Ive heard, so do NOT order it online.

And Ive also heard you can replace the edge III with an Original Floyd Rose sans additional routing?

And the neck is heavier than the body, so the neck dives.
on my ke3 the neck dives, all shapes which arent strat or lp shapes usually neck dive, the edge 3 does suck but can shove a different bridge in there if it bothers you that much
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Ive played it, and its really nice,

Alot of times its kind of a hit or miss situation with these guitars, sometimes you get a good one, sometimes, not so good, is what Ive heard, so do NOT order it online.

And Ive also heard you can replace the edge III with an Original Floyd Rose sans additional routing?

And the neck is heavier than the body, so the neck dives.

Yea the bad thing is i have to order it online. im left handed and they never carry ANY guitars in stock. so im out of luck with that. but other thing is there is a 30 day return policy. so i can buy it but if i dont wnat it i can return it full refund so taht a safe way to think of it
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
on my ke3 the neck dives, all shapes which arent strat or lp shapes usually neck dive, the edge 3 does suck but can shove a different bridge in there if it bothers you that much

is the bridge going to keep me from staying in tune. i mean some ppl sa its so bad you cant even tune the guitar for 5 min. like i said idk cuz i havent used it but.
bear in mind, it does have the super fast wizard II neck, but its also painted on the back, and i think that is a little bit slower, opposed to the simple wood finish on the RG's ect.....
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
I have one and love it, plays like a beast. I bought it online too.
Quote by richwatkinson
How come your on here for advice?

Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
i only tried it out in a shop and it felt different to my bridge atm (licensed floyd rose) the edge III is quite unreliable so
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
i only tried it out in a shop and it felt different to my bridge atm (licensed floyd rose) the edge III is quite unreliable so

Dangit. lol see i hate hearing how its unreliable because i want this guitar really bad but no one wants to buy a guitar if your gunna have to send it in the shop a few weeks later or watever to do adjustments. or possible to even replace the tremelo b/c its so bad.....
if u want an odd shaped gutiar go for the jackson wrmg, the bridge is better and the pickups are amazing
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
gwt the WRMG instead.... my vintage trem in my behringer held up tune bettter than the edge 3.... the only thing this one has over the WRMG is neck throught but the WRMG has better pups and trem
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
if u want an odd shaped gutiar go for the jackson wrmg, the bridge is better and the pickups are amazing

I dont mind the pickups to much but the jackson doesnt have the amazing color or inlays lol. i know thats only a small difference but it appeals to me alot. idk lol they are bothi nice. also thou. the jackson is 100 more than the ibanez. i mean that not a huge differce but i wasnt trying to spend over 800 cuz i have to buy a case to. why is the jackson more expensive anyway? i mean the ibanez has the more expensive neck. the other big diff is the bridge but is tat enough to make that much of a price diff?
Dude, the Edge III holds tune fine. I'm sure all these "Anti-Ibanez" kiddies played a few at a Guitar Center (Which is obviously the problem. GC is terrible about keeping guitars in decent playing condition.) and thought "Wow, this guitar isn't in tune. IT MUST BE THE TREM BECAUSE ITS NOT A JACKSON."

The Xiphos is a great guitar. The Wizard II is an awesome neck.. Edge III's are great. All the midrange Ibanez's are on par with the greatest from pretty much every brand. But, you need to know what you're doing before you purchase a trem equipped guitar, or be ready to learn.

If you dont already have one.
I am pretty sure that Ibanez and jackson don't make any of these models for the lefties btw...
Current Gear:
Jackson DK2L
Cort X-2 LH
Bandit 112 80w
1) Go into your nearest Ibanez stockist.
2) Ask to try a Ziphos.
3) Play aforementioned Ziphos...
4) ??????
5) Profit!
Quote by kyle62
1) Go into your nearest Ibanez stockist.
2) Ask to try a Ziphos.
3) Play aforementioned Ziphos...
4) ??????
5) Profit!

Quote by Tonoloc
Yea the bad thing is i have to order it online. im left handed and they never carry ANY guitars in stock. so im out of luck with that. but other thing is there is a 30 day return policy. so i can buy it but if i dont wnat it i can return it full refund so taht a safe way to think of it

Think before you post...
The edge III will keep you in tune for more than five minutes, dont worry

I was going to get one of these before i got my 1570, and they are very nice. Neck dive can be fixed by relocating the strap button ( I Dont know why ibanez put it where they did...) And the Edge can be swapped out without any routing with an OFR when it finally does give out. Ordering online shouldnt be a problem either.
Quote by IWank7Sevens
Dude, the Edge III holds tune fine. I'm sure all these "Anti-Ibanez" kiddies played a few at a Guitar Center (Which is obviously the problem. GC is terrible about keeping guitars in decent playing condition.) and thought "Wow, this guitar isn't in tune. IT MUST BE THE TREM BECAUSE ITS NOT A JACKSON."

The Xiphos is a great guitar. The Wizard II is an awesome neck.. Edge III's are great. All the midrange Ibanez's are on par with the greatest from pretty much every brand. But, you need to know what you're doing before you purchase a trem equipped guitar, or be ready to learn.

No, the trem really IS that terrible. The thing is, the problem isn't the tuning stability; it's the knife edges wearing out easily and a few months. But the Edge III IS a direct swap for an OFR. So if you have the cash, just take the EIII and slap the OFR in there.

As others have said, an alternative is the Jackson Warrior (which is technically the originator of the shape). Another one is the expensive B.C. Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth. It's a custom shop model, so it won't be as ****ty as people think.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by chaosbringer99
Think before you post...

How so? I did notice the Op was left-handed; but even playing a guitar upside-down in a store - or even just having the chance to examine it properly - will teach you a lot more than a few opinions on an internet forum. No matter what, I'd never recommend buying a new guitar from the internet sight unseen.

If necessary, bring along an experienced right-handed mate so you can get a fair demonstration of the tone. On a Wizard II you should have no problem with playability either. Lefty or not, you can still give the Edge III a full workout on a right-handed guitar and see how the tuning holds. I don't think it's a particularly superb trem but it gets a lot of unwarranted criticism from UG (like the MG), simply from people jumping on the bandwagon.

Best of luck
Quote by QuebecMetal
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=XPT700FX

A Xiphos WITHOUT Edge III.

Gibraltar Custom bridge.

Thats just awesome. The only thing holding me back from a Xiphos was the Edge III. Now, we wait.....
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
a mate of mine just got it... its a REALLy sweet guitar... the body reminded me a lot of my explorer, in terms of the weight especially the way the neck dives... the neck is awesome, and out of the factory, the action is insanely fast.. the chameleon paint finish is probably the best looking paint job i've ever seen.. the edge III is not as much of a draw back as people say.. i messed about with random whammy dives and raises with no change in tuning at all... think of it this way: if the edge III sucked so bad, would Muhammed Suicmez really bother using it?
"You take the blue pill , the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Morpheus

#3 of Tom Cruise Scares me club.
^Owned?
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX

DigiTech Whammy WH-4

Quote by BMXfreak000
Thats just awesome. The only thing holding me back from a Xiphos was the Edge III. Now, we wait.....

It will be my next geeeeetar.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
i got pwned..lol...
so i guess the edge III isn't good enough for him...
"You take the blue pill , the story ends here, you wake up and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill you stay in wonderland and I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Morpheus

#3 of Tom Cruise Scares me club.
Anybody know when this guitar will be in stores? I just can't wait
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX

DigiTech Whammy WH-4

I love mine, one of the best guitars I've ever played. I ordered it and put a payment on it, so I didn't play it before I buy, and I have no regrets. I say go for the new one with the new Gibraltar Custom bridge, I love it, really solid and durable, and that saves the whole Edge 3 problem.
Reading the ibanez site, it seems like a good number of satch signatures have the edge III. Why would he, of ALL people, have an inferior bridge?
The Edge III isn't THAT bad
Christ most of the people who slate it are just fanboys that hate on it because it's popular =/
I've played alot of edge III's and like someone above me posted, it's the low grade metals used in it that makes the knife edges wear out quickly

If it bothers you that much then switch it out for a OFR, I don't think your guitar would need any additional routing to accomadate it

But to be honest the Edge III shouldn't just die on you randomly after a month of playing guitar.
Hell you'd need to be raping it every five minutes for that sort of thing to happen.

Also about the neck, the wizard II is a fantastic neck. I have a painted wizard II on my Ibanez Vbt and I think that it's a great neck, still feels like a guitar neck not as if it'd break everytime I restring my guitar.

You also got some decent stock pickups in it, and if I'm not mistaken, a neck through body as well.
Though the guitar does tend to neck dive, but that's partly down to poor strap button design by Ibanez. I know plenty of people who've moved the strap button and gotten rid of the neck dive.
Quote by Tonoloc

Your really not going to find a left handed xiphos, save you buy a righty and do what it takes to flip it.

Ibanez is NOT lefty friendly

EDIT:

to the guitar, it nic i would buy one and flip it, though im not one for its trem, the pickups are D Activators which i like, but some really dont.

but hey good enough for Muhhamed Suicmezm good enough for me

@^^BMX freak- its already out.... been out....for awhile.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
Last edited by Krzy8 at Jul 27, 2008,
Quote by Raz_Steroid
Reading the ibanez site, it seems like a good number of satch signatures have the edge III. Why would he, of ALL people, have an inferior bridge?

Which happens to be only equipped on the inferior JS models, like the JS100. He doesn't use those; he uses either custom shops or the JS1000 (or some variation on that model) which is of Prestige quality.
My friend has an Ibanez Xiphos with Dimarzio pickups in it (i think) and an OFR. It plays like a beast. the paint job on it is amazing also.
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Could someone possibly post a picture on how they've done the strap buttons?
I got this guitar yesterday, and its amazing! This is my first guitar with a floating trem, so I'm interested
if you're worried about the trem, get the non-trem version.
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
Don't be put off by the edge 3. Mine has lasted over a year now with no problems.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Quote by IWank7Sevens

i owned an ibanez with an edge III

it sucked
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by SupremeACL
As others have said, an alternative is the Jackson Warrior (which is technically the originator of the shape). Another one is the expensive B.C. Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth. It's a custom shop model, so it won't be as ****ty as people think.

The Stealth is the original shape. The Warrior came after that.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)