I'm trying to learn to play across the universe but i can't play in the intro because of this chord

E - A - d - g - b - e
2 - x - 4 - 2 - 2

How do you play that?

e is open and A is muted just to clarify
do you have a link to the chord shet you got it from?
i cant decipher it how its been written here.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
It's not an easy one that's for sure. I just tried it and the way I seemed to make it work was

e
b3
g2
d4
aX
e1

1 being your index finger and 4 your pinky.

Edit: Harmonically speaking you could leave out the 4th fret on the D string and still have the same chord though.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
barre second fret, and mute the a with your second finger, fret 4th with third finger/ 4th
Quote by xConverge
barre second fret, and mute the a with your second finger, fret 4th with third finger/ 4th

Can you do that and still have the high E open? I don't think I could in the middle of a song...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by xConverge

The high E string has to be open.
Quote by branflakes439
use your thumb for the low E and fret the rest of them

Yeah, this would probably be the easiest way to play it, but anyway you do it it, it won't be that comfortable :/
its possible to play it.. first finger on low E,also muting the a string.. pinky on 4th fret..
second and third fingers on the 2nd fret.
but you can make it a lot easier,by not playing the low e,you already have an E on the 4th string.. it wont change the voicing so much.. just get rid of the octave
you could barre it or use the thumb for the low E...I suggest using the thumb since you're more likely to get unwanted notes in there if you barre and don't watch out
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by FlynnKid34
The high E string has to be open.

duhh, just dont strum all the way down...its not really that hard.
its quite a difficult chord, theres no easy way about it.