ok so i had a thread about the xiphos and some people said get the jackson so i wanted to just post a thread comparing them. ok so the is wat i have gotten from feedback so far. Ibanez, better neck, nicer looking (my opinion), crappy tremelo bridge. Jackson, Nicer pickups, nicer bridge, not as nice color as ibanez. (my opinion), . so let me hear wat you guys have to say.
ur goin looks vs quality and functunality

go for the WRMG.. the edge cant hold a tune to save its life
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
I like D-Activators better than EMGs.
WAY better cleans and I actually like the sound better for distortion.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
oh and get the WRMG in trans black
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Quote by TaintedFearSBT
you seem to only want the ibanez for how it looks...

Yes and no. like i love the looks of it but. then again if you want to be happy with a guitar you have to like how it looks to dont you. like i said i dont have experience with either. so i cant really say which one is better. im a lefty so unfortunately i cant try them out until im actually buying it
Go with the Xiphos.
Personally, I think Edge tremolos are better than Floyd Rose tremolos.
Then again, that's also just my opinion.
Also, as good ad EMGs are for metal, D-Activators are just as good.
Also, the Wizard necks make any Ibanez the ultimate metal guitar.

Pllus, isn't the Xiphos cheaper, too?
this&that wrote:

And all we're going to hear is ARGH CLICKCLICKCLICK TAPTAPTAP WAMMMYYYY CLICILCKCLICK ARGH IM SO BADASS AT METALLICA

Quote by FlanHappyFlan2K
Pllus, isn't the Xiphos cheaper, too?

By 100$, yes.
And to TS: have you tried guitars with the same necks or pups as the Xiphos or WRMG? You should do that if you haven't yet..
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
i don't think some-one's opinion who is a "proud member of the anti-ibanez militia" can be taken as non-biased in this matter at all
you wanna buy a bus ticket mate?
Comparing the both, it depends on whether the bolt on neck of a WRMG bothers you; personally i'd go for the WRMG because of the better pickups.
d-activators sound even more stale and lifeless than EMG's. Floyd is much better than edge III as well. The only thing the Ibanez has over the Jackson is neck-thru construction. but thats not nearly as vital as a working bridge.
Get the Jackson, the Jackson low profile trem is better than the Edge III. The Jackson has EMG's and it isn't made of scrap wood
Jackson > Xiphos. D-activators are crap, even more then EMG's, and the Edge III is a device that turns any guitar into a huge pile of crap.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by kill 'em pretty
i don't think some-one's opinion who is a "proud member of the anti-ibanez militia" can be taken as non-biased in this matter at all

but do u dare to call the edge 3 reliable? i say no. My rythm guitarist has a xiphos. The edge 3 took 4 months of regular use to start falling apart,
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
The Jackson, but then thats just me.. I'm not a fan of Ibanez necks... too thin, Jackson necks are just right for me still nice and thin but not like anorexic, you still have something to hold on to...... imo =p
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
the jackson wrmg is a good guitar but i'd perder the WR1 over any ibanez with an Edge III
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
xiphos w/ OFR replacement.. (edge 3 sucks fat willys)
or jackson as standard..

jackson
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
^ I've seen two or three people say that within the past few days. I still don't say it'd be that simple. I can't see the routing and the holes drilled for the post to be anywere near the same. I don't think you can just take an Edge3 out and slap an OFR in, it should be a bit more difficult then that.

You're probably not going to like either of them for to long if you've never played them. As fo what the TS said about looks, I don't agree. I could care less what the guitar actually looks like, as long as it plays good, then I'm fine. I've played both the Ibby and the Jackson, and although I prefered the Ibby out of the two, I still think that something was lacking. JMO.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Sep 21, 2008,
Quote by LP_CL
Jackson > Xiphos. D-activators are crap, even more then EMG's, and the Edge III is a device that turns any guitar into a huge pile of crap.

i guess my guitar's an exception...my EDGE III holds perfect tune after 2 years of regular use... i think 99% of the people that bash it are jumping on a bandwagon without even trying it..just like alot of other things here..

i agree about D activators though, sound horrible..