I have a low grade Peavey amp (backstage) and im trying to get the sound for Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin. How could i make it sound like it. If it helps, i have A Digitech RP50 Amp cabinet/modeler and effects pedal. Anyone know how i could reach jimmy's sound in the song? thanks
Im not 100% sure but I think Mr. Page used a soladano amp at the Zep Reunion. If that helps. and possibly a les paul.
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
sound is also affected by two major things i think your overlooking, the guitar itself, and your touch. It may be those things aren't quite right, but i'm sure in terms of effects, you might want to look up what type of equipment Page used for that song, but i would just mess around with the distortion to find the closest thing, since it's going to be kind of hard to completely recreate the sound
He probably used a wah pedal with the pedal pressed down. The sound Jimmy made I think is that he bent the A string on the 5th fret and played the open D string at the same time for that effect.
Quote by Virtuoso883
A gibson sg might help

Not an SG, a Les Paul or a Telecaster.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by jeremylp
Im not 100% sure but I think Mr. Page used a soladano amp at the Zep Reunion. If that helps. and possibly a les paul.

Nah, he used his custom Orange Heads and his Marshall heads (I think they're superleads)
for the solo the wah pedal is in the toe down position. google this stuff.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
I use an overdriven tone, high mids and treble, also have a slight delay on. Gives me a really good classic rock tone, using the bridge humbucker aswell. For the solo, i turn my wah on and have it about 85% toe down (just at the sweet spot), really sounds like page's solo tone for this song.
Quote by ubtguitarist
sound is also affected by two major things i think your overlooking, the amp itself, and your touch. It may be those things aren't quite right, but i'm sure in terms of effects, you might want to look up what type of equipment Page used for that song, but i would just mess around with the distortion to find the closest thing, since it's going to be kind of hard to completely recreate the sound

fixed.

if you use a british voiced mid-gain tube amp (i think page used a marshall plexi) with a tubescreamer type overdrive, you'll get a nice zeppelin tone. I think the most important part of his tone is a cranked tube amp, to get power-amp overdrive.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by minibrowny
Nah, he used his custom Orange Heads and his Marshall heads (I think they're superleads)

Wrong again! He used more or less sotck AD30 heads and some of his Marshalls.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009