Hey,

I'm looking for a new amp. It should have a punchy "punk sound" only for example the Green Day sound. I also like the sound of AC/DC or Gun's n Roses. So some Hardrock sound would be also nice. It shouldn't be too hard like some metal amps. I really don't like metal, but i like some kind of vintage sound for my LP Junior.
I was looking for the Peavey Valveking, but some guys are saying that that amp is for metal and doesn't fits to me. At least I have to say that my budget is only about 500€.

Greez

Nick
Two words: Marshall MG

it's the only way
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
The Peavey Valveking is an awesome choice. The last time I tried one I was using a strat and got a fairly decent hard rock tone, so I wouldn't believe the people saying it's only a metal amp.
I have the B-52 AT-100 half stack, they make a combo version the AT-112 and i think you might really like it, it's got a great punk sound, leaning more towards offspring than green day but good for any of it and AC/DC sounds amazing with it. The most overdrive you'll get out of it is harder classic rock stuff, it's not made for metal, i think it might really be what you're looking for. It's all tube 60W (really ****ing loud) and $550 USD (I don't know the conversion, sorry)
NO! NOT THE MARSHALL MG! SOUNDS HORRIBLE...and yes the peavey valveking is also a good choice but it does lean more towards the heavy side.
Quote by LP51122
Two words: Marshall MG

it's the only way

Phail.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
i was kidding sorry.

but i've played valve kings and i like them. the OD is pretty decent and would be good for what you're looking for. you could also try and get a used marshall tube combo (like a DSL or something) and that might work fairly well.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
You could get the B52 Combo also with 2x12 loudspeakers. It looks awesome!!! It's alway a bit better with 2x12. Some say that this amp sounds better than the Peavey Valveking. I think tomorrow i'll got to the shop and try this one
Can you give me more adviced please? I've red that the B52 is a bit too thin for some harder stuff. do you agree?
Well, it depends on how hard you're going. The B-52 alone can't pull off metallica, maiden, etc but its a great for hard rock, simply because you'll get the drive you need but the sound does not distort in the slightest bit, the tone remains pure and what I like most about the amp is that you can feel it more than you can hear it, it's got so much power to its sound...some high distortion amps like valve-run marshalls have no depth to it, they sound like they're an inch thick, know what I mean? This b-52 sounds like it goes on for another 8 feet. What I ended up doing after getting my half stack was plugging my electro-harmonix metal muff w/top boost pedal and running it through the amps clean channel...the result: an extremely powerful heavy metal tone with very little feedback and as much distortion as you could ever need. My friend ended up getting the AT 212 after hearing mine and getting the Boss Metal Core to go with it and he loves it too...it's such a versatile amp, more so than the peavey, and if you get a pedal to go along with it, it expands the amp even more. I don't think you can go wrong with this thing.