I dont know how to deal with this problem. When I have my gain pretty high and play the strings even slightly movements across the strings/ lefting finger off causes unwanted noise. Am palm muting and it still doesn't seem to help. Is it possible to have high gain without that amount of sensitivity?
Once I shaved them on a friends razor so when he picked it up he just goes "ARE THESE PUBES! OH MY GOD!" and starting beating the crap out of me.
well, you could minimise the poroblem with a noise gate, bu bear in mmind this will reduce your sustain so youll have to find the right balance between gain, noise gat and conpressor (thisi increases the sustain)
High gain is your problem, unless you buy a noise gate it'll be pretty messy sounding with unwanted noise. What your gain knob does is basically power up your pick-ups so they pick up every little noise, thats why high gain is good for harmonics and feedback.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
So the noise gate is my solution? Is that the thing that chops the tops and bottoms of the sound wave?
Once I shaved them on a friends razor so when he picked it up he just goes "ARE THESE PUBES! OH MY GOD!" and starting beating the crap out of me.
shield your guitar and properly ground it. instructions are for a strat specifically but can be applied to any guitar
http://www.guitarnuts.com/wiring/shielding/shield3.php
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
what kind of pickups are you using?
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14

wait.... wuttt???
EMG 81 and 60
back off the gain and the mids a little maybe that will help, shield your electronics cavity, and make sure your grounded properly that could be an issue.

Quote by GibsonRocker14

wait.... wuttt???