My friends and I were recently debating about vampires...specifically...whether or not they have souls...I don't mean vampires like real people that drink blood out of cups...not that there's anything wrong with that (just not my cup of tea) i mean the kind of vampires that are typically seen in horror movies/book. the mythical (or not so mythical, depending on your beliefs) kind. What does the pit think:

Soul or No Soul?
Quote by A Rolling Stone
My first date was nowhere near as bad as your grammar
You can't see them in mirrors, ergo, no soul.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Exactly, now here's another interesting question: If a vampire drinks the blood of a person infected with aids, will the vampire get aids?
that seems like a redundent argument really. but no i don't believe the fictional ones do
my hovercraft is full of eels
Quote by Guitarmike123
Exactly, now here's another interesting question: If a vampire drinks the blood of a person infected with aids, will the vampire get aids?

i suppose they could get aids...but would it do anything to them?
Quote by A Rolling Stone
Quote by Guitarmike123

'I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Dracula, but you have AIDS.'

'AIDS? But HOW did I GET the AIDS? Blah!'

'Have you been engaging in sexual activities with a carrier?'

'No I did NOT. Blah'

'Anything else then?'

'I WANT to SUCK your BLAH!'

'That would be why Mr.Dracula. You're going to have to refrain from any more Bloodsucking.'

'Blah... Oh.'
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Guitarmike123

Unlikely, since HIV is passed blood to blood. So the vampire would need to have open wounds in their mouth.
Quote by MightyAl
Unlikely, since HIV is passed blood to blood. So the vampire would need to have open wounds in their mouth.

hey...those teeth are sharp....i wouldn't be surprised if they cut themselves by accident once in a while
Quote by A Rolling Stone
Quote by deadhand329
hey...those teeth are sharp....i wouldn't be surprised if they cut themselves by accident once in a while

Real vampires have style, grace and elan. Accidentally cutting yourself/tripping over your cape/flying into a screen door disqualifies you as a vampire.
Quote by Guitarmike123

No, the HIV virus is not transmitted through saliva.

Quote by MightyAl

Not quite, it's transmitted through any combination of blood or sexual fluids.
i always wanted to be a vampire...

my teeth look like fangs... yes really... I have natural fangs! YAY
Quote by Aramis

...did you miss the part where vampires drink blood?
Quote by A Rolling Stone
Quote by Aramis

Not quite, it's transmitted through any combination of blood or sexual fluids.

In order for someone to be infected, the virus must come into contact with THEIR blood. That is the critical point.
Quote by deadhand329
...did you miss the part where vampires drink blood?

Exactly. It is not transmitted that way.
Quote by Aramis
Exactly. It is not transmitted that way.

It is if the vampire has open wounds in their mouth or gullet.
Quote by MightyAl
Real vampires have style, grace and elan. Accidentally cutting yourself/tripping over your cape/flying into a screen door disqualifies you as a vampire.

valid point...

vampires = no aids...

so if we make everyone vampires, than we found the cure for aids?
Quote by A Rolling Stone
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

In Anne Rice's books, they can see themselves in mirrors. And they can even hold crosses and be in churches.
Ofcourse they have a soul. In Theory, a soul is the self-aware essence unique to a particular living being. But aren't Vampires really dead? Anyways, the brain is the soul really. And if Vampires can think and make their own decisions, then yes, ofcourse they have a soul.

And also, in most stuff it seems that Vampires can't get sick from normal stuff.

But then again, there are no such things as vampires.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Vampires eh?

That would be cool to be one. It would suck if that Buffy came along your way, but still nonetheless fun!

And they are fictional... like freedom_stain said
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.