Ok guys, i am considering a trade of my Taylor 314-ce grand auditorium cutaway acoustic-electric guitar to a Mark IV combo year 1993-4 which makes it an A model with footswitch.

My guitar:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Taylor-314CE-Grand-Auditorium-Cutaway-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=514973

I think the Mark is in good condition with ElectroVoice 12L speaker, mine is in very good condition. But the problem here is location. The guy is in Carrollton, Atlanta and I'm in San Diego, CA making it 2,000 miles away. So how would we do a trade that would make sure that both of us will send the gear without the possibility of scam? Is there like a trading services that will make sure we both get the gear, like there's an place that will hold it and send it when both arrive at the place? Any suggestion guys?

Thank you for any help you can give

Some fun info:
Google map calculate "2,140 mi – about 1 day 7 hours" I might have drive that if the gas price isn't as crazy as before

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=carrollton&oi=geocode_result&resnum=0&ct=directions-to&daddr=Carrollton%2C+TX&saddr=california&rl=1
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Your best bet is to arrange to send them both on the same day. Send it recorded delivery and get some kind of insurance on the shipping to prove that you've sent it in case he accuses you of scamming.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I would rather wait till one were to be for sale near me.

But i think driving may be your only option.
meet him halfway
Quote by Kensai
It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
If you fax him a contract saying that you're trading X for Y, you both sign it, and if anything doesn't turn out right, you get in touch with an attorney
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by timi_hendrix
Your best bet is to arrange to send them both on the same day. Send it recorded delivery and get some kind of insurance on the shipping to prove that you've sent it in case he accuses you of scamming.

So if he doesn't send it, i can still get it back if i don't receive anything because of the insurance?

Quote by jake911
I would rather wait till one were to be for sale near me.

But i think driving may be your only option.

I had some near me but there too expensive and don't really care for trading. I don't really want to spend $1000+ on an amp right now, due to economic problems.

But i am willing to send one of my babies out for a Mark IV

Quote by chase312
If you fax him a contract saying that you're trading X for Y, you both sign it, and if anything doesn't turn out right, you get in touch with an attorney

Him i don't have a fax machine, and not sure if he doesn't but this sound interesting maybe we can do it this way too

Quote by Fappy
meet him halfway

I don't think his willing to drive that far, nor do i

But who knows if that's the safest way, then i might have no choice
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
Last edited by angeldef at Jun 26, 2008,
i'd second the contract idea- maybe get in touch with a lawyer just to make sure there wouldnt be any loopholes.