Which cap would give my bass a better tone, The one that came one an old Hamer (.1) or a new Cornell Dublier (Also .1) or would there be any difference?
well...they're both .1. How much of a difference can there possibly be?
Ones a ceramic disc and the other is a plastic type one. (I cant think of what theyre called) I always thought ceramic give you a more vintage tone.
Quote by derekwalden_-33
Ones a ceramic disc and the other is a plastic type one. (I cant think of what theyre called) I always thought ceramic give you a more vintage tone.

I wouldn't be using a ceramic disc. Orange Drops are always good.
Why not the ceramic disk? I know of alot of people who actually put them into new basses because they liek the tone.
I don't play bass but I wouldn't let a ceramic cap into any of my guitars - do what you think sounds good to you - it's all subjective anyway.
The older one may have drifted a bit from what it is supposed to be.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Age won't make any difference (other than the value drifting from spec, and that's if it is older the 25 or 30 years), but the ceramic will be noisier and more harsh-sounding than the polyester film (the plastic-like one).
What's funny is that I don't see that it's you until after I post and go back to proofread it again. I've already posted in, like, 5 threads that turned out to be yours.

edit: I'm just about done with your schem...My power just went out for a second.

edit2: Ok, so I guess I'm not almost done...damn power flashes...
Last edited by Invader Jim at Jun 26, 2008,