No matter how much i play and practice i don't feel like i'm getting any better, I've been playing for 3years, and playing alot for about 7 months, but i still feel like im terrible at guitar.
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Congradulations, you are a genious even if you are intoxicated.

Quote by Godsmack_IV
lucky bastard and your knowlegde of chemical engineering...

Quote by FortuneFaded
you guys are geniuses.

Quote by tonedeafidiot
^That is genius!

:stickpoke why dose yellow hate blue? WHY!
What do you play/like. What CAN you play? What do you practice?
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Quote by LuckyBoys91
well if you feel such way your username makes no sense...

the username wasn't my idea,
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0

Quote by Godsmack_IV

Quote by FortuneFaded
you guys are geniuses.

Quote by tonedeafidiot
^That is genius!

Quote by hyroglyph!c
What do you play/like. What CAN you play? What do you practice?

I don't really have a particular style i play, i can play bits and pieces of songs i like, and I practice by playing scales and chords and random songs, and improvising alot.

and i know i can't spell... it almost got me kicked out of AP classes... that and my gpa thats .01 over the req. to stay in
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0

Quote by Godsmack_IV

Quote by FortuneFaded
you guys are geniuses.

Quote by tonedeafidiot
^That is genius!

I would try something that you don't like/listen too. Learn full songs if it gets you playing more. They reason you aren't getting better is because it doesn't seem like you enjoy playing. I'm sure i can speak for most people that when they get better, they also enjoy playing at the same time. What are the techniques you know so far? What are you interested in learning, I think thats the biggest part. Interest, if you have it then you''ll be motivated to learn.

Bottom line,

Try something new.

OR

Stop playing guitar for a bit, move onto somthing else for a week, and then get back to guitar, you'll be surprised at the difference.
Quote by Sloopy
I'm not in a wheelchair, but I own one just for fun.
Heres what you do. You sit down and think for a while about what you want to achieve. like you're constantly playings songs, but wahts the point. do you want to be able to play songs, or do u want to be able to play a certain song, or do a certain thing. u have to find what you really want. then focus on ur time with that. for me it was shredding. i can't say i can shred, but like i felt like i was going nowhere playing all these songs, so i just started learning solos, and playing them slowly, and by focusing on just these metal solos, i noticed that my finger dexterity is a lot faster now. and it feels like just yesterday when i felt like i was never gonna be able to get better at guitar and i was almost gonna quit. i've been playing for 4 years and i just started to feel confident about my guitar playing maybe 2 or 3 months ago. so just hang in there buddy