Hi there. I would like to know if anyone knows if you can do this. I mean obviously, its possible but I'd like to know how lol.. It would have to go after the 5 way selector. I don't really mind if there is one main switch or one for each knob. So basically I want to be able to get the signal straight to jack but still have the option to use the controls. I hope this all makes sense. So if anyone could give me a diagram or anything I would very truly gratefull.
Call me Duncan.

Nearly always have D'addario EXL110 strings instock - just ask!

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
You could wire a two-way toggle between the selector switch and the volume/tone pots. But both ends would have to be wired to the output jack.

What's the purpose? If you don't mind my asking.
Yeah thats roughly what I thought however I want to know how many poles/throws and exactly how to wire it.
The Purpose? - I know someone proved it the other day that his pots only took 0.1 ohms but it would take that out of the question. It would also mean that you could be playing at half volume and tone for example and then just switch it straight to full again. I suppose it would be a bit like the opposite of a killswitch lol.
Call me Duncan.

Custom made guitar slides available - choose the glass, length etc.. Engraving availible. PM or email for more info.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Btw, just to add, I don't ming giving a few pennys to the person who can give me a diagram that works
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Yeah, I'm using one similar to this for a rhythm circuit type control. I'll post it when i'm on my other P.C.

But the one above will work fine
Thanks very much. However I can't see the picture
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
you could do this with a 4PDT swich, a 3PDT could work but 4PDT toggles are easier to find IMO

use one pole to remove the tone wire from neck pickup, another pole to remove the middle tone, the next pole for the selector output (i.e to master volume or bypass volume control so the hot signal goes straight to the jack)
Ah man I'm confused now (typical), mainly as thats only got two pickups and pots. Equally how does it work if you are using the pots as there isn't a wire going back.. I'm not used to stuff like this tbh.
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by guitar is yummy
Ah man I'm confused now (typical), mainly as thats only got two pickups and pots. Equally how does it work if you are using the pots as there isn't a wire going back.. I'm not used to stuff like this tbh.

O.k. Get a normal wiring diagram. The wire that goes from the 5 way switch to the electronics doesn't exist. Instead, wire the one from the switch to the connection on my DPDT. Then get the electronics part of your diagram and put that where my own circuit is.
hmm.. i could put a spst switch before each pot couldn't I? using this diagram - http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=3s_1v_2t_5w
Still confused how I would make a master switch for it though even with all you guys' diagrams (sorry I know you've explained but to me its still confusing)
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
To be honest just use invader jim's . It is simple and will work well
I would if I could see it.. :p
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
here:
___
| O | From jack hot
| O | From Switch
| O | To Volume Pot Hot

should help?
------

Shwiggity.
ok thanks very much. That seems quite logical thing about it. What would you call that switch? 3PST?
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by guitar is yummy
ok thanks very much. That seems quite logical thing about it. What would you call that switch? 3PST?

SPDT Single pole double throw
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
just any mini toggle will be fine. Go to a local maplin and buy one for about £1.50 The website you linked to has too many for me to check
Right ok thanks. One last question for now I think - what is the cable I want called or in other words - what do Maplin call it.
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by guitar is yummy
Right ok thanks. One last question for now I think - what is the cable I want called or in other words - what do Maplin call it.

just stranded insulated wire. Maplin do plenty. 22 AWG should be about right.
Ah dude the Maplin website is well confusing... whats the name of it on there? Did a search and stuff but can't find it. I know it would be clearer in an actual shop but i am not going to one, I've asked my mum or brother to get it for me as they are going that way ( we live quite away from one lol)
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by guitar is yummy
Ah dude the Maplin website is well confusing... whats the name of it on there? Did a search and stuff but can't find it. I know it would be clearer in an actual shop but i am not going to one, I've asked my mum or brother to get it for me as they are going that way ( we live quite away from one lol)

I've just realised that. I have an answer though. Open your guitar. Cut a piece of the current wire out (a bit near the jack) about 3cm long. Get your mum to take it with her and show the shop assistant. He should be able to find you some similar stuff. Maybe 1m of two colours?
Yeah if I ask her to get some Stranded insulated 22 awg cable in two different colours that should be ok shouldn't it. As I've kinda got my guit-fiddle all strung up atm.
EDIT - got both the switch and the cable off axesrus, got a graphtech (or was it tusq?) nut as well.
Hopefully I'll let y'all know how it goes in the future. Thanks everyone
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Last edited by guitar is yummy at Jun 28, 2008,
Damn it i've got confused again..
If I use Deftonesordie way, do I put all the appropriate wires from the switch to it? And how do I involve the tone pot(s)?
And yes i know I should probably use edit but no one ever read it sorry,
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by guitar is yummy
Damn it i've got confused again..
If I use Deftonesordie way, do I put all the appropriate wires from the switch to it? And how do I involve the tone pot(s)?
And yes i know I should probably use edit but no one ever read it sorry,

What do you mean all the wires? There's only one.

And by volume pot he means the signal is carryingon as usual- through all the electronics
So where do I put it if using the diagram I linked to on the last page?
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by guitar is yummy
So where do I put it if using the diagram I linked to on the last page?

his diagram clearly explains, and I made it as simple a s I could describe it. If you can't understand what I mean then I really think you should wait until you have a basic knowladge of guitar wiring before you attempt it...
Whos diagram now? I can't see the first one remember..
I don't mean to be making this difficult sorry..
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!
Quote by guitar is yummy
Whos diagram now? I can't see the first one remember..
I don't mean to be making this difficult sorry..

The acsii repost...
If anyones not too busy PLEASE can you draw it on the seymour duncan as this would make me very happy.
Call me Duncan.

SALE

Welsh UG'er!!