I feal left out of modern music.I started to give up a while ago,finding new stuff i mean,and i feel so empty.Are there any bands we classic rock fans would like that are modern?
meh
airbourne.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
*reported*

I feel like there is one of these threads every day.

The Black Crowes, My Morning Jacket, and Fleet Foxes are good starts. You are better off asking in the modern rock forum.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
the black keys
the black crowes
the black angels
black mountain
black rebel motorcycle club

im not even joking tho they are all good
Quote by keithmoon15
the black keys
the black crowes
the black angels
black mountain
black rebel motorcycle club

im not even joking tho they are all good

Racism!!!
Quote by Cptbeefheart
*reported*

oh dear, how pathetic.
White Stripes, Raconteurs, Birds of Avalon(these guys are really good), Queens of the Stone Age, Wolfmother
good job on spelling one of English' most simple words wrong.

I third Wolfmother, very Led Zeppelin feel
Modern music sucks in general. Like everything is just absolutely fuc.king pathetic. These kids don't know how to play their instruments. There are no solos or guitar heroes. It's all just a bunch of pus.sies jumping around with their bleeding wrists. I feal the way you feal too, man. And honestly, it's not even worth putting up with all the modern rock garbage. Every time I hear Fall Out Boy or Panic At The Disco, I just want to break my radio over the head of an MTV executive.

Today's music is shi.t. WHO AGREES?!?!?!?!
Silvertide, American Minor, Black Crowes, White Stripes, the Muggs, the Answer, Buckcherry, the Redwalls, the Raconteurs, the Greenhornes, The Stands, Eric Lindell, John Mayer, Velvet Revolver, Hurricane Party...
Quote by Maet
Modern music sucks in general. Like everything is just absolutely fuc.king pathetic. These kids don't know how to play their instruments. There are no solos or guitar heroes. It's all just a bunch of pus.sies jumping around with their bleeding wrists. I feal the way you feal too, man. And honestly, it's not even worth putting up with all the modern rock garbage. Every time I hear Fall Out Boy or Panic At The Disco, I just want to break my radio over the head of an MTV executive.

Mostly Agree with a few exceptions. (Coheed And Cambria, Muse, Dream Theater, and Wilco..) <<<<those are pretty good... i know theres a few more but those 4 i think aren't crap..
Quote by Maet

Gettin' awfully close to level 93.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by RounderIII
Mostly Agree with a few exceptions. (Coheed And Cambria, Muse, Dream Theater, and Wilco..) <<<<those are pretty good... i know theres a few more but those 4 i think aren't crap..

psssst...He was being sarcastic.

I think.
Quote by master
psssst...He was being sarcastic.

I think.

Still agree. Without all the n00b emo stereotype crap.
I miss a lot of classic rock bands, but there are modern rock bands that carry on their tradition (some are less original than others)

The Beatles -> Oasis
The Rolling Stones -> Eagles of Death Metal
Led Zeppelin -> Wolfmother
Deep Purple -> Jet
Black Sabbath -> The Sword
Pink Floyd -> Porcupine Tree
The Stooges -> The Hives
Velvet Underground -> The Strokes
Nirvana (okay, I know, not classic rock) -> The Vines
Rush (okay, they're still around, but...) -> Coheed and Cambria
No one in particular, but sounds like Bob Dylan if he played garagey blues and had a better voice -> White Stripes

That's all I can think of off my head.
Nah, if anything Thrice is the new Pink Floyd and Conor Oberst is the new Bob Dylan. :P But we shouldn't worry about replacing people anyway.

If you people would stop ****ing whining about how stuff sucks and start looking for things that are good instead you'd probably know more good new bands. There is a LOT of stuff out there worth listening to, you just have to find it. I've said it a million times- popular music was full of bubblegum pop crap in the 60s and 70s too, it's just been weeded out by time while the classics are still remembered and loved. This is going to happen with this age too. Will every crappy rapper that hit number 1 be remembered? No, of course not. But I guarantee many great bands will, and in 30 years some ignorant people will be complaining about the same things with the modern music coming out then.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by Cptbeefheart
*reported*

The Black Crowes, My Morning Jacket, and Fleet Foxes are good starts. You are better off asking in the modern rock forum.

to Fleet Foxes.
Coheed and Cambria and Silversun Pickups
Quote by highvoltage66
so whats this pink floyd guy's middle name anyway?
Quote by Thefallofman
Nah, if anything Thrice is the new Pink Floyd and Conor Oberst is the new Bob Dylan. :P But we shouldn't worry about replacing people anyway.

If you people would stop ****ing whining about how stuff sucks and start looking for things that are good instead you'd probably know more good new bands. There is a LOT of stuff out there worth listening to, you just have to find it. I've said it a million times- popular music was full of bubblegum pop crap in the 60s and 70s too, it's just been weeded out by time while the classics are still remembered and loved. This is going to happen with this age too. Will every crappy rapper that hit number 1 be remembered? No, of course not. But I guarantee many great bands will, and in 30 years some ignorant people will be complaining about the same things with the modern music coming out then.

im not whining,I would just like to have a good idea of ware to get started.
meh
Quote by Cptbeefheart
*reported*

Nah, this is legitimate. I'll allow it. We get stuff like what Maet said more often.

Quote by Maet

Mike's right. Level 93 is rapidly approaching.

And oh yeah, listen to the Black Crowes. Or I'll ban you. Srsly.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.