I finally got around to turning the room above my garage into a home recording studio, but I have a couple questions about what I might need. So far, I have a mixer and two monitors.

Now, I want my sound to be a nice, live sound, and I heard that using a large diaphragm condenser mic for my guitar amp would work well. However, I want to be able to record instruments seperately, or all at once (having both options would be great if possible).

Also, I have a computer available to me that would be used solely for recording/editing. What else do I need to look into?
Make sure to get leads, leads and more leads. Honestly, you'll be looking for something to hook your mic up to, put it through soemthing but oh! You're short a lead. Look into that, it's worth it.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Like a cable, your wires connecting your various instruments to different things. Like guitar cables, mic cables, amp cables.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Quote by locosenor13
I finally got around to turning the room above my garage into a home recording studio, but I have a couple questions about what I might need. So far, I have a mixer and two monitors.

Now, I want my sound to be a nice, live sound, and I heard that using a large diaphragm condenser mic for my guitar amp would work well. However, I want to be able to record instruments seperately, or all at once (having both options would be great if possible).

Also, I have a computer available to me that would be used solely for recording/editing. What else do I need to look into?

The mixer's connected to a computer? I'd look into a good sound card if you want accurate and solid results. I must ask first...what mixer are you using?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by locosenor13

What mixer do you have?

You'll need a good mic collection with a variety of dynamics and condensors. You'll want a dynamic for guitar amps coz of the volume.

The guy was right about leads. Spare leads is a necessity.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau