Page 1 of 2
He's dead?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Yes. Hanged because of no Wii.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Wiitard.

It's just sad that people would do this. Makes me ashamed to be a teenager...

It doesn't say why his father didn't let him play. The kid bought the Wii himself with money from his recent birthday. Why deny him the right to play? Was there ANY reason?

Of course, there's no reason to kill yourself over it, either.
Last edited by sashki at Jun 26, 2008,
It sucks that he died and I can still see eye to eye over not being able to play but was he banned for life from his Wii? If so I understand if not then thanks for giving anti-gaming some more dirt to trash gamers.
Someone proved their point.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
In an example of teenagers taking just about everything on earth much more seriously than necessary, thirteen year old Jake Roberts made a fatal choice to take his own life after an argument with his father and sister. The reason? Jake wanted to play his brand new Wii, acquired with his birthday money (his birthday had been a few days prior). He then retreated to his room, where he was found hanged by his own school uniform tie a few hours later.

No kidding. O_o
If he actually did that then... well I feel sorry for the family but the child was seemingly not very intelligent.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
i lol'd. he must of been a pretty pathetic person to do it so it is no loss
where was this guy from? My friend knows some thirteen year old who just hanged himself
[Via Daily Mail -- Thanks, Jonathan]

[Via Daily Mail

Daily Mail

'Nuff said..

My erection is gone....
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
...I started making out with her, then started doing her from behind...

I said "You're a dirty girl aren't you Steve? ****ing on the first date?"

She shot forward and my dick flopped out and she said "Who the **** is Steve?"
Haha omg what a turd.

Cool his name is Jake Roberts though :P (wrestling reference)
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Quote by WyldChylde
Yes. Hanged because of no Wii.

no, he hanged himself because his parents suck. If you read it, it says his school tie.
private school kid.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
That's actually really sad. The description from the Dad started off making it seem like just a normal day and then BAM, hanging child. I think the kid probably didn't know what he was doing, I recon he just wanted attention and went too far by accident.

EDIT:

Quote by kool98769
no, he hanged himself because his parents suck. If you read it, it says his school tie.
private school kid.

No, I doubt it as the Daily Mail is an English newspaper and most schools in England have school uniforms.
Last edited by Les Paul Ell at Jun 26, 2008,
Wii should be banned
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by kool98769
private school kid.

That's a bit of a leap.
Quote by kool98769
private school kid.

other schools use ties as well
I highly doubt he'd do that just because of his Wii. There was probably a hell of a load of other stuff that they didn't mention. Maybe he was being bullied as well, or he hated where he lived or something. And to be honest, sounds like a **** father to me, just by reading his quote. No "We'll miss him more than words can describe" or any sentimental **** like that. Just "I would've laughed if I heard about that".

Oh well. I guess it's stuff like this that created the word OWNED!!!
Quote by Les Paul Ell
That's actually really sad. The description from the Dad started off making it seem like just a normal day and then BAM, hanging child. I think the kid probably didn't know what he was doing, I recon he just wanted attention and went too far by accident.

he was 13. pretty sure he knew that hanging himself with a tie would kill him
I don't think that there was much else involved. The kid was a gamer, he wanted Wii, was denied Wii, and in a fit of not thinking it through he killed himself.
Quote by Small Print
Not long before people call him An Hero.

Sorry to double post, unless someone gets in before me, but I found the link to this on 4chan, where the accompanying picture did actually say "An Hero" Let me dig it up.

yes I was on 4chan.
Last edited by WyldChylde at Jun 26, 2008,
Quote by A-G-guitarist
I highly doubt he'd do that just because of his Wii. There was probably a hell of a load of other stuff that they didn't mention. Maybe he was being bullied as well, or he hated where he lived or something. And to be honest, sounds like a **** father to me, just by reading his quote. No "We'll miss him more than words can describe" or any sentimental **** like that. Just "I would've laughed if I heard about that".

+1 The moment I read this I figured it had to do with something other than just the wii. It doesnt even say he wasnt allowed to play does it?
Quote by sashki
Wiitard.

It's just sad that people would do this. Makes me ashamed to be a teenager...

It doesn't say why his father didn't let him play. The kid bought the Wii himself with money from his recent birthday. Why deny him the right to play? Was there ANY reason?

Of course, there's no reason to kill yourself over it, either.

Fair enough, but i would't bloody kill myself!
I don't think that a teenager with enough cash to buy a wii has real probable cause to kill himself. While he may have been troubled by other things, it just seems like typical teen behaviour (to an extent). Nowadays, all the teenagers who believe they could be independent by 12 get overenraged and depressed. As a member of this generation, i feel deeply saddened.

Quote by sashki
Wiitard.

The T-shirt I am wearing now says that.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by willy_99
i lol'd. he must of been a pretty pathetic person to do it so it is no loss

Does anyone else here want an immediate ban from life on this guy?

After we kill him, i'm going to say:
"he must of been a pretty pathetic person to say it so it is no loss"
His name is Jake Roberts?

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
You can't prove that people DON'T walk on water. turn water into wine etc.
Quote by GnR_ROK
His name is Jake Roberts?

His name is Jake Roberts, not Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Page 1 of 2