1: There is no limit on pricing, although I like (cheaper) stuff.
2: This has to be an end all, ultimate amp that I (hopefully) keep for the rest of my life (hence 1)
3: I don't care about cleans, because I'll be amp switching into my 1968 Fender Princeton Reverb for that. Multiple levels of crunch/thunk/gain are preferable though.

Volume wise, it needs to balance with the Fender (which is 12 watts if i remember correctly, despite being louder than my drummer around 4 already), though I suspect I could individually amplify the Fender or replace its speaker with something louder like a cab (consequently turning it into a head). I'd prefer wattage switching capabilities, so that I can be very soft if necessary or earsplitting loud live.

Sound: (for teh metals) I need something smooth and cutting, single notes have to sound creamy, not buzzy. For chords and riffs I want something thick and slightly br00talz but note clarity is paramount when I play suspended chords and thirds. I like to keep my mids boosted rather than scoop them. Gain can go as low as it takes to maintain a good tone. My sound is a more lead tone than a rhythm tone though, and I need to 'cut through' more than 'throw bricks'.

Stacks are nice, but probably not necessary, and if I'm lugging lots of stuff around, probably problematic. But of course, I wouldn't mind it at all (just my wallet).

Special boutique stuff would be very nice, especially if I can hijack the clean channel and turn it into a lower gain channel.
i have a 'white guitar'
Custom Audio Electronics OD-100 ?
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Diezel Herbert?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Cornford Hellcat?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Budda Superdrive, Soldano Astroverb?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Randall RM100. Do your research on it and you'll want it
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Marshall 1959SLPX head and a good cab for a half stack?
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Diezel VH4 Head Plus Mesa 4x12 Cab this plus EVH 5150 Head + Cab and this into Bogner Ecstasy + Marshall Cab 4x12 and this De Piece De Le Resistance' Carvin Steve Vai Legacy Amp + Cab all playing a Fender Hello Kitty Guitar = br00talz

that is all...

/thread
Quote by kirschman13
Soldano SLO

SLO 100 FTW.
Oh dear God no. Hows about a Bugera if you are gonna go cheap

I'd rather die than be stuck with an MG for the rest of my life. If you really want an end-all amp Soldano SLO100
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Fuchs ODS
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Hm, the MG still looks very appealing, i mean the OD is CRUSHING, like shitting bricks of dynamite into your ears. :P

But on a Soldanoish note, what about the Avenger if I'm doing amp switching? No intermediate channel, but oh well.
i have a 'white guitar'
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 122 combo.

Nuff' said.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Hm just noticed the SLO100 isn't footswitchable anyways so probably an Avenger, if I end up going Soldano sometime

And i'm not very much of a marshall fanboy. For some reason.
i have a 'white guitar'
Quote by .fallen

Sound: (for teh metals) I need something smooth and cutting, single notes have to sound creamy, not buzzy. For chords and riffs I want something thick and slightly br00talz but note clarity is paramount when I play suspended chords and thirds. I like to keep my mids boosted rather than scoop them. Gain can go as low as it takes to maintain a good tone. My sound is a more lead tone than a rhythm tone though, and I need to 'cut through' more than 'throw bricks'.

I will recommend a Soldano SLO because I own one, & can tell you that it meets most of your criteria. No amp cuts through any mix like an SLO can. Just take my word for that. Clarity & note articulation at any level of gain or volume is superior. It is thick, & can be slightly br00talz or over the top. To get the notes to sound "creamy", that's another story. You'll have to play around w/ EQ settings to get that, or attenuate it at the expense of a less lively sound. Volume wise, it shouldn't be too bad. I pulled 2 tubes on mine, but it gets a pretty good tone at lower volumes also.
FWIW- I also like the EVH 5150 III & Bogner Uberschall, but neither of those will retain the supreme clarity of an SLO. Knowing what I know now, I would've probably got an Uber or EVH instead of an SLO, because the SLO is so clear it gets annoying sometimes! If you get serious about buying one, DEFINITELY try these 3!

Edit: If you order from Soldano, I think they'll do some custom stuff like switchable jacks if you ask them (at extra cost of course).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Jun 26, 2008,
The Soldano Avenger has both normal and breakup clean inputs, so would it be possible to switch between these two inputs using an amp selector and treating each input as a separate amp? Using my Fender for cleans of course.

Its not that I don't have the money for a SLO (which I can afford in about two months of work) but I enjoy not spending more than I have to, plus I'd have to get these past my parents (mostly this factor).

But Soldano looks like the way that I will go. Sometime.

Edit: Switching isn't possible, but I don't really mind that.
i have a 'white guitar'
Last edited by .fallen at Jun 26, 2008,
The H&K Trilogy is a very nice amp, however, the TriAmp is better. The Switchblade isn't too bad, either. Too bad I'm freakin poor
Guitar:
PRS Tremonti

Amp:
Bluetron Bluedrive
Ducted Port 1x12
Jensen Mod 12-110

Wants:
59/09's or Standard T&B
Randall RM50 or Rm100. If you don't want clean, you could either have 2 or 3 different high gain modules such as Mesa Recto, Marshall Super Lead, Marshall Plexi, Bogner XTC, etc. all in one head/combo!
Quote by mwalluk
Randall RM50 or Rm100. If you don't want clean, you could either have 2 or 3 different high gain modules such as Mesa Recto, Marshall Super Lead, Marshall Plexi, Bogner XTC, etc. all in one head/combo!

I've tried those Randalls with the Egnater-licensed modules, as well as the H&K Triamp (which is pretty killer), but none of the modules (or the H&K) can come remotely close to the bite & clarity of an SLO. For articulation & note clarity, the SLO pwns. The only amps I've heard that are even close is Divided By 13, but those are more clean to classic rock tones.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Splawn Nitro or Mesa Boogie Mark IV.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by riffhog
I've tried those Randalls with the Egnater-licensed modules, as well as the H&K Triamp (which is pretty killer), but none of the modules (or the H&K) can come remotely close to the bite & clarity of an SLO. For articulation & note clarity, the SLO pwns. The only amps I've heard that are even close is Divided By 13, but those are more clean to classic rock tones.

How's the clean on the SLO? Anything to compete with a '68 fender?
i have a 'white guitar'