Well, I did a search and nothing came up. I thought this would be interesting. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, we'll see.

Post damage that you have done to your guitar. Explain who did it and how it happened, if you can. Pics are always awesome. Does it bother you? Or do you believe that a guitar really isn't yours until you've banged it up a little? Is it inevitable?
I hate when you accidentally bump it into something. Not even very hard, and it chips the finish. That's happened on several occasions, they aren't big but they matter to me.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
I hate when you accidentally bump it into something. Not even very hard, and it chips the finish. That's happened on several occasions, they aren't big but they matter to me.

Yeah, I feel ya.

This thread was inspired by the dent I put in my brand new MIM Strat after only owning it for a weekend. Nothing major, it's on the side and not the front or back. About and inch long. It's one of those things where you can see the dip in the paint when you hold it up to the light. Still bugs me though because it's spotless otherwise.
Don't have any pictures, but I just have some scratches/chips around the knobs and input jack. Just from the edge of my computer desk, when I play I sit in my computer chair, and I put a sweater over the arm so it doesn't scratch the guitar, but it rubs the desk sometimes. Also, obviously just belt rash and ****. There's also a small ding on the headstock, and one of my frets has a small groove in it, but I had that sanded the other day. My guitar has a flat black finish, so where my hand/arm rests on the body is all worn and glossy now.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
I have 1000 scratches on the back of my guitar (don't know they got there). A small chunk of the guitar broke off from the back, small piece of headstock broke off, tone knob really loose (all caused when the handle of my gig bag broke and the guitar fell down a flight of stairs twice). Input Jack messed up once when i tried to tighten it because it was making some noise.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Oh yeah, and there's a really small ding on the body under the strings, where they come off the bridge. I have no idea how I got it, and the strap peg on the bridge end is bent outwards and loose, because it fell off a chair.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
I was rockin out really hard one day(well not really) and the strap came lose and i chipped the paint on my guitar. Good thing it was just a squire.
On my Epiphone:

Tone knob is loose and jangly, and there is a chip in the paint at the left curve. The nut had to be replaced as well (old one broke from behind bends). Also, a bagillion scratches.

But damn do I love it.

On my Strat:

None so far.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
my friend dropped it in his garage the first day i got it. guitar + concrete floor = not good times. i haven't really dinged up my Ibanez yet.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
My Ibanez has a bit of battle damage, chips, some burns (soldering iron v_v ) belt rash etc etc.
My Carvin has a couple of dings and a bit of belt rash, and many "slices" in the headstock from cymbals ¬_¬
All my guitars have war wounds/ road wear/ buckle rash

Dings make it sing!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
i managed to throw my ibanez JTK2 across the room in a testosterone-fuelled rage about a year ago, and its got no dents in it at all. somehow, none of my guitars have any dents, just a few minor pick-scrapings in places, and scratches on the back from buttoned trousers, and little scuffs from when i used to wear a watch with a metal bit on the strap.

even my dad's ric (well, he let me have it, so i should say "my ric") had an all-tube marshall full-stack (two 4x12 cabs) fall on it and it just has a tiny chip on the headstock.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
i managed to throw my ibanez JTK2 across the room in a testosterone-fuelled rage about a year ago, and its got no dents in it at all. somehow, none of my guitars have any dents, just a few minor pick-scrapings in places, and scratches on the back from buttoned trousers, and little scuffs from when i used to wear a watch with a metal bit on the strap.

even my dad's ric (well, he let me have it, so i should say "my ric") had an all-tube marshall full-stack (two 4x12 cabs) fall on it and it just has a tiny chip on the headstock.

You my friend are a lucky man.
i had an acoustic guitar class, so i brought in my brand new Mitchell, and i take as good care of it as possible. it is virtually unharmed. except one thing:

this kid plays only electric, and mostly uses the crap guitar left in the class. so one day me, him, and another were waiting for class to start. he asks to borrow mine, and i figured he would treat it well. nope, he didnt. he slid the guitar on its back along the wood floor ruining the finish. HE also somehow managed to put a small dent in the back.

luckily its the back, and for the most part you cant see the scratches, except several large ones.

And note, my guitar is Mahogany. yea he really wasnt careful in order to ruin it like this.
Guitars:
Mitchell MD-100SCE Acoustic/electric
Gibson SGJ 2014

TC MojoMojo (it'll arrive eventually) > TC Hall of Fame > Orange Micro Terror stack

my tube preamp project idea
Quote by Skar578
i had an acoustic guitar class, so i brought in my brand new Mitchell, and i take as good care of it as possible. it is virtually unharmed. except one thing:

this kid plays only electric, and mostly uses the crap guitar left in the class. so one day me, him, and another were waiting for class to start. he asks to borrow mine, and i figured he would treat it well. nope, he didnt. he slid the guitar on its back along the wood floor ruining the finish. HE also somehow managed to put a small dent in the back.

luckily its the back, and for the most part you cant see the scratches, except several large ones.

And note, my guitar is Mahogany. yea he really wasnt careful in order to ruin it like this.

Ouch, slap him.

Nobody has pics? Anybody play a higher-end guitar that has its battle scars?