So i built my standard "play-along" tone on Toneport using the Mesa Boogie amp model to get some good powerful distortion, but the thing has no definition. i would like to be able to hear all the notes, instead when i play something like Holy Wars or some equally fast/picked riff it all blends together to mush. It's really messing with my recordings. I've tried turning down the gain but that doesnt do much. Any ideas on how to give the tone more definition?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
ya, the mesa model on that thing is horrible. Try using some of the other amp models with with the overdrive pedal. Might be able to find something a little better.
im thinking about doing that but just curious is there anybody else with suggestions?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
try the spinal puppet with a treadplate cab, with the screamer to clean it up a bit, some compression and EQ. and some Reverb.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Try using different Cab/Mic combinations.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

which Treadplate are you using TS? theres the single and the dual.

i was just out the Dual Treadplate and i got a good thrash metal tone. i don't know how to play Holy Wars, but i was playing a little bit of Angry Again, some Anthrax and Slayer, It could of been better but i didn't tweak it. i actually used all the pedals and EQ for my other setting and just switched the amp model to the Duel Treadplate, cut the mids a little and gave it a tad more gain. it sounded pretty damn nice given that i didn't do anything.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.