if my car turns on, but when i turn the key to start nothing happens, does this mean it is out of gas, or the battery is dead? It is very possible it is out of gas, but i don't think its the battery, if it was the battery it wouldn't even turn on at all right? i didnt think having no gas could make your car not even attempt to start.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
does it make any noise when you try to start it?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
You're battery is either dead or the starter isn't working.

It would at least try to start if it had no gas.

I have a limited knowledge of cars though, so wait for someone else.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Starter motor?
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by dudetheman

It would at least try to start if it had no gas.

ok thats what i thought. fvck its a more serious issue.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Sounds like nothing related to your engine or gas. Does it make a noise at all when you crank it? Does the engine turn over? If the answer's no then it could be your starter or alternator.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
it doesn't make a noise at all, nothing at all
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
well if you have no lights or other crap working...battery is dead, if you have lights then it isn't that
my music....so check it out

www.myspace.com/copperchild
yea its probably your battery based on what you've been saying.
Quote by horny_cactus
Who's Rick Roll? Sorry for my ignorance I just joined this forum so I don't yet Know that member.
when you say it turns on, do you mean that the radio, lights, ect come on. but when you turn the key all the way, the engine doesn't start?

distributer cap maybe...
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
My van did that. I got a new battery, fully charged, and it started up fine.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by cmart227
well if you have no lights or other crap working...battery is dead, if you have lights then it isn't that

No,Lights even work with a low level battery.Check out those battery girths before you replace it.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
It could be a number of things. From what you've described, sounds like it could be a battery problem, main relay, spark plugs, or ignition coil among others.

We need more details. Make, model, year, mileage and more description on what your car does when you try to start it. Does it do absolutely nothing? Or does it make some sort of noise at all, if so describe.

It may sound stupid, but open up the hood of the car and make sure all the wires are properly secure.
Hi!

Sig Retired.
its a 95 subaru legacy, 150k, i recently cracked the exhaust so its been making a really annoying sound. i don't think its the battery because my lights turn on and stuff and i didn't leave them on or anything and my battery has always been a beast. like i said before i can turn the key to the on position but when i turn it farther to start it doesn't even make a sound at all. no noise. i just went out to it one day and it wouldn't start, i hadn't done anything to cause this. i'll take it to the auto place across the street but i just don't get why it would randomly not start
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
If your battery has enough power to turn on headlights and whatnot then it'd have enough power to move the starter motor at least a little (it should make some noise) even if it can't start the car. It's possible your alternator went bad, although it's unlikely you wouldn't have noticed before as a battery light would have come on, and it would take a while to drain without being used. My guess would be the starter motor has gone bad as it's the only the thing that makes sense, but I'm no mechanic, you may wanna just have someone who knows what they're doing look at it.
Quote by cmart227

not necessarily. my car had some electronic power, but it wouldnt start. it had a bad battery.

if there is an Autozone near you, you can take the battery there, and they can run a test to see if it is bad.

try jump starting it first and see if that works.

it also could be the alternator. it might not be charging the battery anymore.

or the starter.
i already said its a 95 subaru legacy wagon
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
...if all the accesories come on at full power, and it wont start, its a starter... if the lights are dim and radio shuts off, its a battery... if it dies on you while your actually driving the thing, its the alternator...take the batt to autozone (or local auto shop)and have them test it.
Quote by pmeg568c
i already said its a 95 subaru legacy wagon

Oh, in that case...
95 subaru legacy wagon BRAAAAAAAAAH!
Sounds like your starters gone to me. Exact same thing happened to my truck about 5 months back. Cost me $750