Is it possible for a Twin Reverb to break up (overdrive)?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
A lot of people say you can't since it has no master knob.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
A lot of people say you can't since it has no master knob.

That's no reason for it not to distort.

Most amps distort as you turn them up (old ones definetely do), just without master volume you can't get serious overdrive without turning it up REALLY LOUD.

If you have channel and master volume, you can get it to overdrive in the preamp, creating the tone, but the master volume keeps it at bedroom friendly volume level.

Marshall JPM stacks didn't have master volumes until the mid 1970's. And they were 100 watts.
Yes, it is possible. However, you're better off getting yourself some hearing protection if you're trying to do so in a closed room.
Just crank that damn thing.
I'm gonna maybe attempt that in my garage.
Quote by chip46
If I buy a Twin Reverb.
Quote by chip46
Not all of them don't have master volume, I'm pretty sure that most of the silverface models did...
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Silverface ones do.
Quote by chip46