So, I've just bought AC/DC's live album 'If You Want Blood You've Got It' and I'm wondering what settings I could have my amp to get the sound of the intro to 'Whole Lotta Rosie', if it helps I have an Epiphone SG and a Laney Amp (Can't remember the name), thanks
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Use your ears!
We don't know how YOUR amp sounds, or the guitar through it.

So mess with the EQ to get a similar sound.

I will say one thing, keep the gain LOW. You need a light crunch, "on the edge".
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
he uses natural distortion by cranking the amp on the clean channel. so that is one thing. also he uses a lot of treble and quite a bit of mids and not too much bass. i dont have any exact numbers to tell you because it will differ from amp to amp
Angus does this live:
JTM 45
Clean channel cranked to about 8-10
Bass about 3 or 4
Mid and treble about 7 (I think)

He controls levels of distortion with his guitars volume and the ferocity of the attack with his pick.

In the studio:
Distortion channel-everything to 5(including gain)
Not sure on the amp

Try both of those,you should get fairly close(I recommend the studio one because 8 or 9 is too much for most people to crank to).
Last edited by _Tim_ at Jun 26, 2008,
Ok thanks
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch