I started boarding last year and was absolute crap, so i gave up. now i want to start again. i was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get good at boarding. Any practice tips, or just anythin that you think might be useful for a skateboarding n00b.
thanks
skate every day and if you know a trick do it everytime you skate so you don;t get rusty on it

BR00TALZ EDIT* and while elarning a new trick try and keep it too one at a time, until you learn it
What the fuck is wrong with people today? They go on internet forums and ask for help on how to skate... it's a self-taught activity. Doesn't matter if you're learning to push or learning how to do nollie big heels. You're going to have to find the right foot positions and teach everything to yourself. No one CAN help you. No one WILL help you.

Now go the fuck outside and skate your ass off.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
the first rule is STICK TO IT cause it only gets harder and more painful as you go on
ride your deck EVERYWHERE you go (to school, to your grocery store, to your friends) so you can get a really good feel for it
spend hours a day trying to learn new tricks
Quote by darkstar2466
What the fuck is wrong with people today? They go on internet forums and ask for help on how to skate... it's a self-taught activity. Doesn't matter if you're learning to push or learning how to do nollie big heels. You're going to have to find the right foot positions and teach everything to yourself. No one CAN help you. No one WILL help you.

YES!!! LOL
Quote by darkstar2466

Whoa! sorry for upsetting you man! i just wanted to see if anyone had a few tips. ok?
Quote by darkstar2466

+1 I skate and nothing will help you. It's really all about watching the trick and PRACTICE PRACTICE!
Quote by mulletboy14
You're gonna fail anyway's, might as well just throw the towel in now.

Worst use of apostrophe ever. You've taken it to new levels. Congratulations.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
One good thing to do is when you're trying to learn a new trick, hold on to a rail or table, it makes it ALOT easier.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
learn to ollie if u havent and get comforatable ollieing when u roll
tear it up bro live to skate, skate or die lol
Think of it like mastering the guitar. Practice a ****load, then practice some more.
skate untill your balss are numb and you cant feel your kegs and youl learn,and your not a n00b never use that word as i call ppl who suck in my boock your a huck
Yea just practice everyday and learn one trick at a time also just give it some time, one day something may just click and you'll have everything down and the next you may be garbage. Just stay with it. Also this website really helped me back when I used to skate. They've got a WELL POPULATED forum with people that will help and they've got a section on the site that breaks down what ever trick you want and tells exactly how to do it. http://www.skateboard-city.com/
Quote by darkstar2466

took the words right out of my mouth
Quote by darkstar2466

Gzz man, who took a shit in your cereal?

The man is right though. Go out and skate. That is all.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
The key to learning skateboarding and performing tricks is to stay consistent. Needless to say you will heart you self I have broken my arm multiple times....ouch! But you have to stay with it, set a bar for yourself and do it.

Sry if this comes oit weird on a sidekick
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Gzz man, who took a shit in your cereal?

Dumbasses who think that physical activities, especially ones that allot a lot of freedom to the participant, can be taught electronically.

p.s. SO. MANY. 08ers.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I absolutely anhialated the lugaments in my left knee a couple of years ago by skating. It still hasn't healed properly yet. Really want to get back into it
Quote by darkstar2466
Worst use of apostrophe ever. You've taken it to new levels. Congratulations.

I used to skate a long time ago but I sucked, I could only ollie and sometimes 180.
the way i learned to ollie wothout the skate rolling out every time i bent down was this. put the back wheels in the crack between sidewalk squares. skate every day. have fun.

jym
Quote by darkstar2466
Dumbasses who think that physical activities, especially ones that allot a lot of freedom to the participant, can be taught electronically.

p.s. SO. MANY. 08ers.

Why stay on the thread then?

P.S. Thanks to everyone else and their advice. main point seems to be practice :P i suspected as much. lol well looks like ive got some work to do then... *leaves*

EDIT: awesome grammar yourself there. ^^
Last edited by SOADplayer2 at Jun 26, 2008,