So recently I've been listening to A LOT of In Flames ever since I saw them live on the gigantour.

I absolutely love their bassists tone, and I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of effects it sounds like he's using..
Gear:

Basses:
2008 American Standard Fender Jazz
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Ashdown MAG 300 C410T + 1x15
Effects:
SansAmp 3-Channel Bass Driver D.I.
Strangely enough I got the new issue of Bass Player (Tube Amp one; July 2008 issue) which has an article on him. It lists his effects as a Dunlop MXR M-80 Bass D.I., Boss NS-2, and a noise suppressor.

Do you want any info on his rig or bass?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by AboveTheBridge
Strangely enough I got the new issue of Bass Player (Tube Amp one; July 2008 issue) which has an article on him. It lists his effects as a Dunlop MXR M-80 Bass D.I., Boss NS-2, and a noise suppressor.

Do you want any info on his rig or bass?

I would, actually. Please do post it. Thanks
Quote by OrangePossum
I would, actually. Please do post it. Thanks
Here ya go.

Bass: Ibanez SR-1005 EFM with Bartolini pickups; DR Strings (.045-.120)

Rig: Ampeg SVT-4PRO with Ampeg 8x10 cab (For American tours); EBS Fafner amp with EBS-115 speaker cab (European tours)

Anf of course his effects, a Dunlop MXR M-80 Bass D.I., Boss NS-2, and a noise suppressor.

Hope that's what you were looking for.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

On the topic of In Flames, I was really impressed with their new album's use of their bassist. The previous albums had the bass as an undertone (with certain song exceptions) but this new album actually uses the bass for a solid foundation to songs!
I've found that all their albums since Reroute To Remain have all had well use of bass to bring atmostpheric elements during parts of songs.. it's usually really simple basslines with just the drums and singing and it brings a whole new element to melodic death metal. Anyways, thanks a lot for that info, abovethebridge!
Gear:

Basses:
2008 American Standard Fender Jazz
Ibanez SRX300
Amp(s):
Ashdown MAG 300 C410T + 1x15
Effects:
SansAmp 3-Channel Bass Driver D.I.