Page 1 of 5
my friend just told me that the other night she tried to kill herself, she said she took a bunch of pain killers and it drained the lining in her stomach, i asked her why and she said "idk ive had depression for years". Its really upsetting me, what do i say to her to make her realize that she shouldnt kill herself? i need help =(
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
the only good advice I can give is talk talk talk.. or pursuade her to talk to people who can help her. because saying 'don't do it' never helps :s

good luck

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Just stay by her side until she gets through. I've been through this multiple times with several friends. Just stay by her side.

Threaten her with a knife to her throat and she'll soon come around.

Trust me, my mate did that, worked.

When people like that actually stare death in the face they realise it's not worth it.
hello
^its a she
show them how fun life can be, and what they would miss out on
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Convince her why life is better than death. How? That is left to you.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Listen to her. That's the best thing you can do. It's a cry for help, she obviously needs someone to hear her. Being someone who has tryed to kill themself, stopped someone from doing it, and knows other people who have tryed i think i have a little credibility.

Quote by Snap017
Suicide hotline ftw?

Help her learn to tie a noose, then take her to go sightseeing on a bridge.

Whatever you do if she's about to jump off ALWAYS yell "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?!"

This is ridiculous even for the pit. I'm reporting this comment. GTFO
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Tell her how important she is to you and her family. Just reassure her that she can get through this and tell her that you'll be there for her every step of the way.

And yeah tell her to see her doctor as soon as possible.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by opc100
Threaten her with a knife to her throat and she'll soon come around.

Trust me, my mate did that, worked.

When people like that actually stare death in the face they realise it's not worth it.

Because someone suicidal will definitely be scared out of it by deatn threats
Quote by C.C. Deville
my friend just told me that the other night she tried to kill herself, she said she took a bunch of pain killers and it drained the lining in her stomach, i asked her why and she said "idk ive had depression for years". Its really upsetting me, what do i say to her to make her realize that she shouldnt kill herself? i need help =(

CC, you Slut. Get help and pronto. The only way out of it is to seek professional help.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Used to go out with a girl alot like that.

To be honest theres not alot you can do except listen and talk, she'll be ok, im guessing shes young. Im sure shes got more to look forward to that shes got reasons to die for...
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
Quote by 12345abcd3
Because someone suicidal will definitely be scared out of it by deatn threats

That's the point. Sometimes people aren't suicidal, they're crying for help, hanging would be suicidal, overdose is a cry for help.
hello
she told me "we're all born to die so id only be fulfilling that. but apparently i cant even do that right. so like i said no pity"

=( so i tried telling her what fun life is
Quote by opc100
That's the point. Sometimes people aren't suicidal, they're crying for help, hanging would be suicidal, overdose is a cry for help.

Not necessarily.

EDIT:^^^ does she have any major goal in life? Like apart from when she's on a downer? Reassure her that it's worth working towards.

She can have a happy life but she just has to really push herself.
Quote by SteveHouse
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Jun 26, 2008,
Quote by metal4all
Listen to her. That's the best thing you can do. It's a cry for help, she obviously needs someone to hear her. Being someone who has tryed to kill themself, stopped someone from doing it, and knows other people who have tryed i think i have a little credibility.

This is ridiculous even for the pit. I'm reporting this comment. GTFO

Yes, It's discraceful. The jokes stop at threads about suicide man.
i bin in this situation,

phone them up nd say, "im holding a gun/knife right now and i dont wanna live if my friend is gonna kill themselves, so promise to me u will never try to, or i will kill myself right now"

it worked for me luckily
tell her why it would b best not to die and how it would affect evry1.
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
Quote by themightymitch
i bin in this situation,

phone them up nd say, "im holding a gun/knife right now and i dont wanna live if my friend is gonna kill themselves, so promise to me u will never try to, or i will kill myself right now"

it worked for me luckily

DO NOT do this.

It more often than not will not work.

It's mean to guilt trip her and make her panic more. It's not a safe idea.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by C.C. Deville
she told me "we're all born to die so id only be fulfilling that. but apparently i cant even do that right. so like i said no pity"

=( so i tried telling her what fun life is

Hold off on telling her things. Listen to what she has to say. Let her open up to you and tell you why she would do such a thing, what's going wrong in her life, etc. You also HAVE to call professional help for her. Don't worry about it if she tells you not to tell other people or she'll stop talking to you, you have to do what's best for her.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
i just told her that im always here for her and she can tell me anything whenever she needs to and that i love her
Quote by akack
Get her a counsellor. Tell someone who'll help out. ie. Her mom, sibling, dad. Throw her a party.
This. And if it doesn't work, have them committed. Better that than doing nothing.
Quote by C.C. Deville
i just told her that im always here for her and she can tell me anything whenever she needs to and that i love her

Did that help at all?

Try spending some time with her in the next few days if possible.
Quote by SteveHouse
apart from the already mentioned, has she mentioned how much you mean to her?
sorry if i've missed that part.
oh jeez ive been threw this for the past 2 years with 2 girls i went out with its a dethtrap n its just heartbreaking/i have empathy for them tho ive been in the kinda situation so u get them to speak to u by showing that u sorta no wat there going threw n they will feel comfortable more talking to u about it n its all just about talking to get all that **** outta them yano ppl hurt alot n just want someone to no n help them
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
after saying what i said ^ up there she said "i know, thats why i told you that i tried to do it and not anyone else"
Get her help. asap. tell her to talk to someone.

In the past month 2 of my friends jumped infront of trains. Were a small town on the jersey shore and it has been terrible. The first, my friend tim and then another great friend andrew, and he did it on our graduation night.

Its been the toughest month of my life. Our town has gone threw so much and who knows whats next.

All i can say is, please tell her to talk to somebody, because suicide just makes everyone here miserable. Its not the answer
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
Keep talking to her, Tell her friends to make her feel really special in the next week or so. My GF used to be like this, so i got her mums phone no just in case she feels that way again, so if i can't be there, her mum can.
I agree with all the previous posters about professional help, getting her there will be the hard bit.

One of my best friends is bi-polar and depressive, i just tell him that his brain just works a lil differently.
I used to tell my ex-gf that her brain just releases more chemicals that makes her sad, all we are is chemicals anyway, nothing wrong with that..
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
no shes not my girlfriend or ex, we've been friends for the past two years or so and as of lately we've gotten a lot closer and sunday and monday, we actually hung out for the first time and she came over and stuff and we were having a good time and all and apperantly she did this sunday night the night after we hung out which kinda upsets me =/
Talk to her

Talk to her

and talk to her some more
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by C.C. Deville
no shes not my girlfriend or ex, we've been friends for the past two years or so and as of lately we've gotten a lot closer and sunday and monday, we actually hung out for the first time and she came over and stuff and we were having a good time and all and apperantly she did this sunday night the night after we hung out which kinda upsets me =/

Amber?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Page 1 of 5