I recently bought the Krank Rev Jr halfstack; What else can I buy for this thing to achieve even more punch and crunch?

So far I've been reccommended:

Ibanez Tube Screamer
Metal Muff (which I'd bought only a few days before and am sure will not help)
Modded boss DS-1
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Maxon OD9
The amp should be good enough for awhile! Worry about that stuff later on down the road.
I don't think you'll need a noise gate, when I tried it it was pretty quiet, that's something I'd hold off buying until you actually get the amp and turn it up pretty loud.

Something I feel is always useful is a good EQ like the MXR you listed, however, I really wouldn't buy anything until you get the amp and see what else you want out of it, if anything.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by 2HoldOr2Fold
I haven't even got the amp in the mail yet.

play it first, then decide if you need an OD
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by 2HoldOr2Fold
So what exactly can I do with an MXR 10 band EQ?

get a better frequency balance than just using your amp. EQs can really help push you through the mix in a band situation
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Really, just wait until you actually GET the amp, and then decide what (if anything) you want to change about it. All of our suggestions are purely based on personal preference. ODs and EQs can be used in different ways by different people to do different things. Who knows - you might love the tone straight out of the box.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Yes, I'm sure I'll love the sound of the amp alone. I am 20 years old now and started playing guitar when I was 15. When I was 18 I had my own apartment and had all 3 of my electrics and my amp stolen from me. I've just recently ( last 3 weeks) obtained a squire strat to play around with and a few days ago I bought the Ironbird Limited guitar and the Krank Rev Jr amplifier. I play 80's and 90's heavy metal/speed metal and shred.

This is not for gigs, just for home use. I'd just like to know what I can improve the sound with.

Thanks.
ok well that amp is almost perfect for you then. the most you would need is an OD and a good EQ.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
If it needs it.

I doubt it will really.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
If it needs it.

I doubt it will really.

Well it looks like I'm all set.

Thanks guys.
I've been thinking of picking up a cheap OD (like a Bad Monkey) for mine. It has plenty of gain at high volume, but I'd like a little more gain at a lower volume. Tone is awesome though.
If you like the kranks sound but dont want to change the tone then try a BBE sonic maximser. top bit of kit it is too.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso