i will be buying a new guitar.nothing too expensive..maybe aound 500-700 dollars. iwas wondering if the microcube is a good amp or is ti one of the crap amps that ruins the sound of the guitaR?i dont do concerts for anything like that. i jsut play at home
Quote by SungWismyName
i will be buying a new guitar.nothing too expensive..maybe aound 500-700 dollars. iwas wondering if the microcube is a good amp or is ti one of the crap amps that ruins the sound of the guitaR?i dont do concerts for anything like that. i jsut play at home

Hey,

I have a micro cube aswell, use it for bedroom jammin n that.
Its a great amp...the six sounds will cover every genre you could possibly play.
Sure u might lose some of the natural tone of the guitar but that is the case with most amps and pedals these days!
U wont b disappointed!
Well it's not a big tube amp, but it's a damn good little solid state for playing around the house. I like how it's got six different usable tones inside of it, three of which all have very good sounding distortion. This video sold me on it, I'd say it sounds every bit as good in person as it does in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekhm5gauEvY

If you really want to set yourself off right though, I'd recommend getting a $400-500 guitar and something like a Blackheart half stack
acually on that budget i would invest in a slightly larger solid state, there is no point in buying these $300 or $400 tube amps with no distortion or anything, or no features at all, that arent very big just becasue they have tubes in them...you can find plenty of fine solid state amps for a low price that sound good.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I'd go for the Micro Cube. I have one, it's got a wide variety of effects, and it's pretty sturdy. It has buttons on the side that you can hook a strap up to and carry it around. Go for it.
Quote by gnomieowns
it's a pretty good amp. what genres do you play?

i play averything except hard rock or metal. i have an acoustic so i have never played na elctric before but im planning on playing music like canon rock,im alright,triptych,etc. dunno what genre it really is.
Last edited by SungWismyName at Jun 26, 2008,