Jus' tell me if im in the wrong forum.

Is it possible the studio recordings of some AC/DC songs are slightly flat or sharp? cos im playing accurate lookign tabs and the notes are sounding out of tune with whats comign out my speakers, any ideas or thoughts?
tabs could be wrong, you could be tuned to a different frequency then them.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
+3.141592

Quote by imgooley
It was such a good suggestion you gave him pi?

yeah, he gave me pi.
its... 440 hz standard isnt it? thats what ive got my tuner set to, anyway.

EDIT: I am in tune.
yes, there is no rule that says you have to tune specifically to E standard, many bands go slightly sharp or slightly flat when they play
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Most of Highway to Hell ( If not all of it) is tuned Almost Half a Step down, Probably because either Angus or Mal, just tuned to whose ever guitar sounded the closest to In tune.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Most of Highway to Hell ( If not all of it) is tuned Almost Half a Step down, Probably because either Angus or Mal, just tuned to whose ever guitar sounded the closest to In tune.

I guessed as much... isn't Dimebag usually in a few teeny little twists above c#?
Quote by KevVin
I guessed as much... isn't Dimebag usually in a few teeny little twists above c#?

yeah, dime tuning is an awful thing to tune to.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Yeah, it's a bit flat/sharp. (Haven't played AC/DC in a bit)

So I just can't be arsed to play it when I have to tune down very slightly.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Highway to Hell Is a Little Flat i beleive, Night Prowler was tuned to Eb, and i think TNT was a bit flat as well, just not down a Full half Step.

I Spent 10 minutes Checking tuning on my SG When i tried to play along with HIghway to hell a Few weeks ago
Yeah AC/DC is generally a bit flat or sometimes sharp. Since they never used any keyboard, they basically jsut tuned to one of Agnus or Malcom's guitars...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yeah, they tuned slightly off, especially in the early days, in which they sometimes tuned a half step up, or if you watch School Days from Plug Me In, it's a whole step down. I guess it just depended on who's guitar they tuned to, as long as they were in tune to each other.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
some are tune to a diferent frequency i belive 410 i know this cause my teacher toll me when i ask him but i could b wrong

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Quote by Gabel
Yeah AC/DC is generally a bit flat or sometimes sharp. Since they never used any keyboard, they basically jsut tuned to one of Agnus or Malcom's guitars...

This
I have a great book with AC/DC songs and riffs called "Riffology of AC/DC", and it shows the exact tuning for specific songs. "It's a long way to the top", for example, is tuned to 467 Hz. Most new songs are tuned in standard 440, but it seems as Angus and Malcolm used eachother as reference while tuning back in the day.
Gibson SG Faded (Gibson Angus Young Signature humbucker)
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo V3

Marshall Bluesbreaker BB2 pedal
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
tune your guitar?

Why are you being a dick?

All I know about ACDC is in the tune they play with bagpipes they've tuned relative to it.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.