Surprised I didn't find anything. A good punk band from the late 80s. The album Rock n' Roll nightmare is a must have. So is "Keep Laughing" according to axeslash.Discuss!
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Last edited by chrismetal86 at Jun 29, 2008,
RKL is possibly the greatest band ever. I have Keep Laughing, Rock n' Roll Nightmare, a few songs off of Riches to Rags and their live DVD, Still Flailing After All These Beers.

They make me happy on the inside.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Their old stuff is pretty good.

But Riches to Rags is even better. It was nice to see a band take a nice break and come back and NOT suck.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
My favorites are I'm Locked Up, Think Positive, Feelings of Hate, and Pothead.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
In no specific order:

Think Positive
Why?
Life In A Bottle
Beautiful Feeling
Pothead
Lies
US Steel

And from their more recent records:

Betrayed
Will To Survive
Catch Your Breath

EDIT: and If you like them, check out some other Nardcore bands like Ill Repute, Stalag 13, Aggression, Dr. Know, and Scared Straight.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by pick_it_up666
What's the best album of theirs to start listening to?

Get Rock N' Roll nightmare. Now. Or Riches to Rags. Either is really good.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
^I'd actually say Keep Laughing. Its a better example of their sound IMO
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by RizzoWashburn
^I'd actually say Keep Laughing. Its a better example of their sound IMO

Hm, don't have that one. I guess i'll have to get it then.
^RKL is punk as ****. Sorry they dont sound like Anti-flag
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
I downloaded some of this stuff recently and it doesn't really hit me as punk... maybe I haven't given them enough of a listen.

RKL not punk? Are you a Blink fan?
I was at the bar last night and my friends and I were singing RKL.

I don't remember much from last night.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Shut the **** up, asshole.

No. I won't.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by chrismetal86
Hm, don't have that one. I guess i'll have to get it then.

You can't say you like RKL and not have Keep Laughing. That's like saying your a musician and not having an instrument.

Also: you're avatar is pretty weaboo.

:B
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Last edited by axeslash at Jun 28, 2008,
^What if he's a singer?
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
vocal chords probably count as an instrument

if not, they should.. they're an apparatus used to make music

since we're talking about nardcore, i've never listened to rkl, but agression ftw
Vocal chords arent instruments, they're internal organs.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by blackflag49
vocal chords probably count as an instrument

if not, they should.. they're an apparatus used to make music

since we're talking about nardcore, i've never listened to rkl, but agression ftw

I hate it when ever someone has a discussion about a nardcore band everyone has to list off every nardcore band they like and talk about other nardcore.

For ****'s sake when ever I talk about Black Flag we don't all immediately list off how much we loves the Circle Jerks or Fear or the Germs.
Quote by axeslash
For ****'s sake when ever I talk about Black Flag we don't all immediately list off how much we loves the Circle Jerks or Fear or the Germs.

Maybe we should... because those bands are better than Black Flag...

I listened to RKL once a long time ago when I was first getting into punk, but not since. I remember thinking their brightly-colored logo immediately meant they were going to be bad, but I remember liking their music.. Just haven't gotten the motivation to get their stuff because I have a lot of nardcore already and a lot of it sounds the same.
Quote by blackflag49
but i don't listen to rich kids on lsd...

and agression is win

Damn you blackflag49!
I have their brightly colored tshirt!

Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Where did you get that?
Interpunk
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I like Interpunk, except it panders too much to the Hot Topic crowd.

I made the mistake of pre-ordering DecemberUnderground, because I had heard AFI's first 3 albums which aren't that bad. So then my friend tells me to give Sing The Sorrow a listen to see what I was getting myself into.

To this day I have an unplayed copy of DecemberUnderground along with the ****ty Miss Murder single that came with it. They cover an INXS song on the B-side.

Yeah, if I ever meet Davey Havok I'm gonna punch him. I'd punch the other members of the band if I saw them, but for the life of me I don't know what they look like.

I do, however, have an RKL patch I got from Angryyoungandpoor.com, which is a site basically for street punks.

Crustpunks.com is pretty good, they have really 1/4" studs. But don't ever ever ever buy buttons from them, they look hella pixelated.
Quote by axeslash
Crustpunks.com is pretty good, they have really 1/4" studs. But don't ever ever ever buy buttons from them, they look hella pixelated.

I've bought a few from them, and most of them were fine.. but you can't even read my toxic narcotic pin.. it's terrible...

I'm working on getting all of the anarcho-punk compilations they sell.. so far I have volumes 1 and 2.. I forget how many there are, but I think it's 5 or 6.
Keep Laughing is awesome
Quote by larrythelefty
yea i heard them before. nothing special

*GASP* NOTHING SPECIAL??!?!?!?!??!?!?! HOW COULD YOU!?
Man this brings back memories. Back in the days before I knew how to decensor my naughty words.

I was also way nicer. Who could imagine that?

Anyways I've got to say that RKL is one of those bands like China White who wrote amazing music but never got popular as they played songs that were longer than 1-3 minutes and still fell under the "hardcore punk" genre.
Quote by axeslash
Anyways I've got to say that RKL is one of those bands like China White who wrote amazing music but never got popular as they played songs that were longer than 1-3 minutes and still fell under the "hardcore punk" genre.

Yeah man. Later they made real hardcore which became less underground, like in Lagwagon