One of my mates has been drinking and earlier tonight after moaning she said she was gonna take some sedatives then go 'swimming'.

Alright, I'll have to add this girl is bi polar, has deep mania right now and is entering an episode. She has tried killing herself several times and only this week she told me if she tries doing it again, she thinks it will happen and she will succeed.

I tried calling 999, but they told me they need a more direct place to send the ambulance too (I know her surname is Holme and she lives in Clevedon, that's all).

I've called someone who knows her and has a stronger link with to try and get in touch, and he told me to ring back in 10-15 minutes and not to worry about it too much.

But still...
I'm pretty sure 999 isn't a valid phone number to call in this situation.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
I doubt very highly that Jesus is ****ing Christ.
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
in England, police is 999?
Your dreams are all out of focus;
Knock you up when you're feeling down.
And all the world feels so unreal...

COLORFUL COLORS
Quote by ishmonkey
Hitler was really smart and could have been a good leader but he was kind of a douche to the Jews.
Quote by Craigo
If 999 won't help, I doubt the police will as they also include the Police...

Oh right, I assumed from the OP tht it was the ambulance services wouldn't help. I don't know what to say buddy; just relax.

And yes, in Britain it is 999 for emergency services.
NOPE.
999 is the number you call in the UK to reach the emergency services, a bit like 911, but I don't know if 911 allows you get fire engines or ambulances as well?
My gear:
Ibanez RG350DX - Vintage VR3000 - Squire Telecaster
Marshall 15W
RAT distortion pedal - Boss Compression\Sustain pedal
wow, almost every british person knows 911 is american emergancy number. Would have thought more knew 999 was the british emergancy. Maybe its just because we see 911 all the time in all the american tv we get...
wait where were you? if you were at her house, then you should have used her house phone or at least someone's house phone, cause don't the police have like a tracking thing where they can tell where the house is by the phone number? well anyway that sucks and best of luck to you and your friend
sincerely,
daniel
Quote by ReiDSaN
999 is the number you call in the UK to reach the emergency services, a bit like 911, but I don't know if 911 allows you get fire engines or ambulances as well?

it does. one time i called 911. i can't remember why, i was like three. thankfully my uncle was an operator at the fire house so i didn't get into too much trouble.
#DTWD
If she goes swimming in any public pool she will probably be fine, by the way. Lifeguards, etc. Does she live near any rivers, canals, lakes, etc? and I'm talking pretty near, she's sedated so she won't want to walk far.

This might also give you some idea of where she is - if you've got a mobile phone and there's only one obvious destination you can go check it out, if anything untoward is going on, then that's when you can phone the ambulance.

The only other thing I can think of is that she might just take a bath. There's very little you can do about that if you don't know where she lives. But it takes a reasonably long time to drown, and I think the body has unconscious reactions to it that might save her...plus, it's noisy, and other people will want the bathroom eventually, so whoever she lives with will know she's there, so she may very well be found.

For your part, try to keep a logical head on this. It can all be sorted
My gear:
Ibanez RG350DX - Vintage VR3000 - Squire Telecaster
Marshall 15W
RAT distortion pedal - Boss Compression\Sustain pedal
****ing kids today
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Alright, she has gotten back in touch. She IS overdosing, but on sedatives which she tells me are pretty much non lethal apparently. She is taking 20 of them, but I know she's probably right on the matter. Trust me, any house hold item you could kill yourself with, she can go into depth about it.
Quote by Bendybaws
****ing kids today

Alright, I'll have to add this girl is bi polar, has deep mania right now and is entering an episode.

For your lack of comprehension, I'm reporting you. It's not 'fucking kids today', it's a real life mental disorder which fucks people up. It's also in my family and it has led to suicide attempts and real suicides at several ages. Grow up.
Quote by Craigo
For your lack of comprehension, I'm reporting you. It's not 'fucking kids today', it's a real life mental disorder which fucks people up. It's also in my family and it has led to suicide attempts and real suicides at several ages. Grow up.

that's right, tell him off, you people should be sensitive to this, it's a huge deal. Craigo, I've been in both positions, trust me, if you really work at it, it can get better. Just never give up.
Quote by primusfan
it does. one time i called 911. i can't remember why, i was like three. thankfully my uncle was an operator at the fire house so i didn't get into too much trouble.

I called 911 once to see if it worked. 'I must have not locked my phone so I accidenally called'
Quote by wizards?
that's right, tell him off, you people should be sensitive to this, it's a huge deal. Craigo, I've been in both positions, trust me, if you really work at it, it can get better. Just never give up.

It's in my family, but after years of my Mum watching me (I'm very academic, like most bi polars in my family) she decided that I wasn't bi polar so all was good. Not that I ever thought I was either.
Quote by Craigo
It's in my family, but after years of my Mum watching me (I'm very academic, like most bi polars in my family) she decided that I wasn't bi polar so all was good. Not that I ever thought I was either.

well it's good that you're not, that's a huge weight off your shoulders, but being friends with people like that, it's your responsibility to watch out for them. It sounds like you're doing a pretty good job, just keep it up. I've been dealing with depression for ages, and I know I would have killed myself a long time ago without my friends.