Hello.
I'm thinking of buying a distortion pedal for my guitar, and since i don't have a clue about guitar pedals i was wondering if you guys could list me some good distortion pedals? I would like an overall good pedal, that gives a full tone and works for both metal and rock.

Heres my guitar and amp.
Ibanez GRG170DX.
Roland 30W Cube amp.

=)
Boss Metal Core
EHX Metal Muff
DS-1 isnt good enough for metal, but is for rock
what's wrong with the cube? i thought the distortion out of it was pretty decent, probably better than most pedals i've tried until you get into the expensive ones...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's wrong with the cube? i thought the distortion out of it was pretty decent, probably better than most pedals i've tried until you get into the expensive ones...

Nothing wrong with the cube. One of the main reason I'm buying a dist. pedal is that i want to change from clean sound to distortion more easily but i also want a quality pedal that can give a better tone as well.
Quote by ESte
Nothing wrong with the cube. One of the main reason I'm buying a dist. pedal is that i want to change from clean sound to distortion more easily but i also want a quality pedal that can give a better tone as well.

if you want better tone it would be a better investment to upgrade your amp.
can't you just buy a footswitch for the amp? i guess you could buy a pedal, but to get one with "better tone" is probably going to cost as much as your amp did (more or less)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd go for a Pro Co Rat2 distortion pedal if you were going for that grindy kind of indie/grunge /rock sound.

It can also go into some pretty heavy stuff too, probably not as good as a pedal made solely for metal but surely versatile.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
From what i have heard the Cube isnt to pedal friendly much like most modeling amps.

What do you mean by that?
boss metalcore
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
Quote by ESte
What do you mean by that?

Modeling amps are known to sound bad with effects through them. I guess they're made for their own effects. The MetalCore and DeathMetal pedals are pretty horrible btw. I'd suggest either a footswitch or a new amp...