Alright so it was last week were we started out with five people. we had two guitarist, a bassist, a drummer, and a singer. We were going to perform for our 8th grade ceremony infront of some 400 people. Our song of choice was "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica. We learned the song and we had to practise the song together but the band teacher and my school was being gay and wouldn't let us use his room or his drum set...And this is were it gets bad...we found out our bassist didn't even learn the song at all because he is just lazy....and we had like 4 days left before the ceremony so we just kicked him out. Then it was down to four of us. The next day..our Rythm guitarist got grounded for getting in a fight at his hockey game so his parents grounded him and took away his guitar and said he can't perform at the ceremony. Now its down to three. WE couldn't play "Nothing Else Matters" because i need a rythm guitarist so we had to choose another song. Our singer wanted to do "Hypnotize" by System of a Down but we only had two days before the ceremony and our drummer couldn't learn it because he said it had some random beats. So me and my drummer decided to play "Paralyzer" by Finger 11. He already knew how to play it and i had one day to get it right. I learned how to play the song and i was ready...but then...our singer said he couldn't sin "Paralyzer" so he had to drop out. So then it was down to two of us. Me and my drummer... My drummer came to my house a day before the two days before the ceremony and we practiced "Paralyzer" It took us 7 tries to get it right when we play together. Then we were ready. Yesterday was sound check for the auditorium but my drummer couldn't be there. So i was the only one there. Then amazingly i got heat stroke yesterday!!! so i was in bed for like two hours feeling hot and frozen at the same time! and I said that i couldn't peform for the ceremony. but then i got better this morning. Then today was the ceremony and we got screwed big time. we were the first to perform and I didn't have a pick wiht me!! we had everything but one pick!!!so we couldn't play so my dad left to go home and bring back like 7 picks. They said we could go last. Me and my drummer were backstage the whole time. Then we had to perform.. We set up everything on stage and when i was going to turn on my amp...it dies on me...infront of 455 people!!! It turned on for 5 sec and then i heard this weird noise and the amp dies...so we couldn't do it....me and my drummer missed the whole ceremony becuase we were backstage and we missed everything! I was pissed. and I jsut kept away from all my friends and im going to highschool and I didn't saygoodbye. we're all going to a diffrent highschools...so now i feel like crap. So tell me on the scale of 1 to 10. How screwed were we?
Singer- Patrick
lead guitar- Will (me)
Rythm guitar- Corey
Bassist- Sam
Drummer- Zach
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Ok, I'm saying this for your benefit. Learn to use the return button. It's used for creating paragraphs. Paragraphs make things easier to read.

Go back and make paragraphs so I can read this wall of text.

Peace.
man, that sucks....

although, nothing else matters isn't that hard on bass, even a beginner should be able to learn it on four days
You like it
oh sorry i will put it in paragraphs. It just that i had a crap load to type. I'll fix it dude.
*EDIT* NO SORRY i can't put it in paragraphs its to late. I keep hitting the damn tab button but all it does is switch that stupid icon symbol. You know that think with the faced at the bottom...yeah...
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Last edited by MetallicGod07 at Jun 26, 2008,
Woah. Wall of text.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
that sucks............. im sorry bro
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
You're not just screwed. You're ****ed.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
lmaoo pretty funny...but i burst into laugher when i read about your amp

you will tell your kids this story and they will laugh....lmaoo wow
that sucks @$$ dude. i wanted to do sumthing like that fer my graduation ceremony thingy, but we culdnt get a singer in time.
With that many people you'd think one person might have a pick or a coin or anything you could use instead :/
Quote by MetallicGod07
oh sorry i will put it in paragraphs. It just that i had a crap load to type. I'll fix it dude.
*EDIT* NO SORRY i can't put it in paragraphs its to late. I keep hitting the damn tab button but all it does is switch that stupid icon symbol. You know that think with the faced at the bottom...yeah...

Ummm... enter button?

That sucks... by the way, I read it... meh, you'll make new friends.
What sort of parent would ground a kid from playing at the ceremony, especially knowing the rest of the band is counting on him being there.
You should have found someone to play bass. Anyone with half a brain can play root notes.
Quote by JakdOnCrack
What sort of parent would ground a kid from playing at the ceremony, especially knowing the rest of the band is counting on him being there.
You should have found someone to play bass. Anyone with half a brain can play root notes.
because we only have on bassist at our school. Well you can't bring other people to the ceremony that are not in your class...its the rules...my school is gay....
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
Jeez quit masturbating.

God is obviously taking his wrath out on you for committing such a sin

BACK I SAY DEVIL BEAST
I know what that's like.
Sounds like you don't have very good friends. You'll make more at high school.
Quote by MetallicGod07
Alright so it was last week were we started out with five people. we had two guitarist, a bassist, a drummer, and a singer. We were going to perform for our 8th grade ceremony infront of some 400 people. Our song of choice was "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica. We learned the song and we had to practise the song together but the band teacher and my school was being gay and wouldn't let us use his room or his drum set...And this is were it gets bad...we found out our bassist didn't even learn the song at all because he is just lazy....and we had like 4 days left before the ceremony so we just kicked him out. Then it was down to four of us.

The next day..our Rythm guitarist got grounded for getting in a fight at his hockey game so his parents grounded him and took away his guitar and said he can't perform at the ceremony. Now its down to three.

WE couldn't play "Nothing Else Matters" because i need a rythm guitarist so we had to choose another song. Our singer wanted to do "Hypnotize" by System of a Down but we only had two days before the ceremony and our drummer couldn't learn it because he said it had some random beats. So me and my drummer decided to play "Paralyzer" by Finger 11. He already knew how to play it and i had one day to get it right. I learned how to play the song and i was ready...but then...our singer said he couldn't sin "Paralyzer" so he had to drop out.

So then it was down to two of us. Me and my drummer... My drummer came to my house a day before the two days before the ceremony and we practiced "Paralyzer" It took us 7 tries to get it right when we play together. Then we were ready.

Yesterday was sound check for the auditorium but my drummer couldn't be there. So i was the only one there. Then amazingly i got heat stroke yesterday!!! so i was in bed for like two hours feeling hot and frozen at the same time! and I said that i couldn't perform for the ceremony. but then i got better this morning. Then today was the ceremony and we got screwed big time.

we were the first to perform and I didn't have a pick with me!! we had everything but one pick!!!so we couldn't play so my dad left to go home and bring back like 7 picks. They said we could go last. Me and my drummer were backstage the whole time. Then we had to perform..

We set up everything on stage and when i was going to turn on my amp...it dies on me...in front of 455 people!!! It turned on for 5 sec and then i heard this weird noise and the amp dies...so we couldn't do it....me and my drummer missed the whole ceremony because we were backstage and we missed everything! I was pissed.

I just kept away from all my friends and I'm going to high school and I didn't say goodbye. we're all going to a different high-schools...so now i feel like crap. So tell me on the scale of 1 to 10. How screwed were we?

Singer- Patrick
lead guitar- Will (me)
Rythm guitar- Corey
Bassist- Sam
Drummer- Zach

yay..... not a wall anymore!
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
now a cloud of rain is gonna follow you around
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
10/10
mind****!
MCR FAN 405

originally posted by diveright
for one does not simply walk in to a spinning propeller

Originally posted by BLToast
Buckethead is the meaning of awesome
one lesson can be learned from this: when life gives you lemons, **** the lemons and bail