Hey. I'm currently running a Line 6 Spider III Hd75 Head with a Line 6 Spider III 4x12 cab. However my amp head soetimes doesn't provide me with good enough effects or adjustable enough gain for some ofthe things I want to do. These features, as well as the quality clean sound of a Marshall is what I'm after. Question is, will a Marshall amp head work with my Line 6 cab? I don't want to have to buy another cab Can anyone help or recommend a suitable Marshall head that will work?
Yes it will work.

What's your budget and what do you play?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I play a little bit of a wide range of things, from some metal and rock (where the line 6 is more than effective) to more mellow ambient sort of stuff with minimal gain and soothing clean tones (where my mate's marshall is a league ahead) My budget is roughly £150-200 but not really much more than that I'm afraid Can anyone recommend a Marshall head for roughly this much I could use with my cab? Glad I don't have o buy another cab though!
Sell the line 6 stuff, and take a look at something along the lines of a Laney VC30 1x12 and a OD would be my advice.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Your not going to get a tube head for that price. Only thing in that range is other SS amps. So you need to sell your whole rig and go for a tube combo, or settle for another poor sounding SS.
Quote by steve137
Hey. I'm currently running a Line 6 Spider III Hd75 Head with a Line 6 Spider III 4x12 cab. However my amp head soetimes doesn't provide me with good enough effects or adjustable enough gain for some ofthe things I want to do. These features, as well as the quality clean sound of a Marshall is what I'm after. Question is, will a Marshall amp head work with my Line 6 cab? I don't want to have to buy another cab Can anyone help or recommend a suitable Marshall head that will work?

1 - how can the Line 6 not have enough gain options, they have craploads of the stuff and a silly amount of amp models! They all sound like sh1te admittedly, but a lack of gain or options for distortion isn't one of their shortcomings.

2 - No amp has particularly good onboard effects, it's not something you look for in a serious amp. If they're there then fair enough, but it shouldn't be a factor if they aren't.

3 - since when were Marshall known for quality clean sounds? Marshall are known for throaty, balls to the wall british overdrive.

In short, the amp and head are both pretty crap, if you want to improve matters tonewise get rid of both and, yourself a decent combo and look towards stand-alone pedals for your effects.

Going on your budget, this is your next amp...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vc15-110/67333

Forget Marshall, there's nothing they make that's worth getting with your budget.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 26, 2008,