I just got cubase, and it is giving me troubles.

I have been using my line 6 toneport interface as a way to plug my guitar straight into the computer. whenever i start to monitor the sound on my guitar track, i notice that the sound that i play doesn't come out of the speaker till about 1 to 2 seconds after i play the note. Plus the program makes my tone sound horrible. Is this a latency issue? Does anyone know how to fix my problem? Do i need a different method of plugging my guitar into the computer? Does Cubase suck, and i need to get something else?
that's because your probably using a usb plug instead of a firebox right?

it's normal, and this really should be in the recording forum
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
it is because the line6 thing is a ekstern soundcard. you need a set of speakers only for that
well the thing is i just got it, so it hasn't worked correctly yet. I don't have any viruses as of now.

If i should use firebox, is there a specific piece of hardware you have in mind.

The only reason i didn't put this as a recordings thread is because I thought that was for sharing recordings.

would it work if i just got a set of speakers for my line 6 interface?
I use a pre sonus firebox and it works good, if you want a firebox just talk to the guys at your music store

but your should be able to use the usb as long as you don't mind the delay
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
responses in this thread are full of fail.

it's lagging because the data rate of a usb2 cable isn't enough for a constant audio stream to be reproduced by your pc. it would be best to monitor with headphones direct from the toneport - until line6 start supporting firewire.
Yes what your experiencing is a latency issue, but its because your not playing back through the toneport but through your internal soundcard.
You need to set the toneport as your main ASIO driver somewhere in the settings on cubase, and probably as your output for the rest of the computer as well.
Quote by maroon5mustdie

I, myself, choose not to have sex. My parents probably did, so therefore it is uncool. Maybe next you can start wearing sweater-vests. Fag.
Have a look under Devices - VST Connections.
Quote by maroon5mustdie

I, myself, choose not to have sex. My parents probably did, so therefore it is uncool. Maybe next you can start wearing sweater-vests. Fag.