ok so i decided to pick up the electric guitar again and i havent played for a while...anyways i have a 15w marshall amp nothing really special overdrive channel sucks clean channel is decent and Ive been looking to buy a nice multi effect pedal and just keeping my marshall amp, but i was wondering should i try and invest in buying a better amp because i dont know if it will affect anything keep in mind im not planning on playing huge gigs i just want to jam in my own house but i also want to get a decent sound and not a crappy one... any suggestion would be great

EDIT: i have 1500 dollars BUT im really trying to save money for myself so please keep that in mind and i play a wide range of genres from chevelle to radiohead
Last edited by SenseS FaiL at Jun 26, 2008,
just get an old used multi fx for dirt cheap and save up for new gear. I picked up a digitech rp200 for $30 off craigslist. Multi FX work fine, u just gotta dial into the settings if you want a specific sound.
nah, I say get fx before you get a new amp. Its the cheapest route for some new sounds. You're going to get them sooner or later anyways.
If you want to jam with a good sound, grab a 15 watt tube combo, or a AD series Vox.
Quote by Free Time
nah, I say get fx before you get a new amp. Its the cheapest route for some new sounds. You're going to get them sooner or later anyways.

I wouldn't suggest this at all, complete waste of money imo. He's going to want to upgrade it sooner or later so I wouldn't be wanting to spend money on something that honestly isn't going to make the amp he has right now sound any better, just cover it up with tons of effects that might seem cool at the time.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com