I've been looking at amps for a while and I might be able to get this one at a decent price. I know this thing can do metal, but I don't know if it can cover things like Coheed and Cambria. I've heard it's hard to get a good classic rock tone so I know its versatility is limited, so that's why I'm asking.
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

Member #29 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to join
It's fairly versatile, but if you want extremely versatile, get a JSX and an OD to push the distortion if you really need more
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
It's fairly versatile, but if you want extremely versatile, get a JSX and an OD to push the distortion if you really need more

A JSX would be great but I have a good deal on the XXX.
But you guys think it could do things besides metal then?
I think Coheed uses rectifiers so if I could get something somewhat like that sound it would be good. thanks.
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

the XXX is good. But PLEASE don't go on the ultra channel, turn up your gain and scoop your mids. It sounds TERRIBLE. Just pointing that out cause everyone does that with the XXX
Coheed is pretty much my fav. band and about half of what i play on guitar. I used to own an xxx it could cover them alright but i recently upgraded to a Mesa F 50. It can get very close to their tone and a lot more. I highly suggest saving a little more money for an f 50 combo or a rectoverb combo, (I read they used it in the studio for nwft.
Well I guess I can trust your advice since your username is the amp I'm asking about. And yeah I 've been looking at the F series too.
Quote by DardoBoy
I LOVE YOU

Get a Marshall if you want Coheed tone. Travis has gone back to using them like he did on the first two records, I think Claudio is still using a Bogner though.