Page 1 of 2
I am curious as to how to increase my alcohol tolerance and was wondering if anyone has any tips. I know you have to drink consistently for an amount of time but does anyone know how much and for how long??
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Just drink and drink and drink, it takes years to build up a tolerance
ohai little sig.
Always eat a decent meal before drinking, allllways.
Never drink on an empty stomache or you'll bt dry heaving if you puke which can kill you should you rupture something in yer belly pouch.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Tolerance for alcohol isn't a good thing.

It'll make you an alchy and you'll have to spend a lot more money to get drunk. Be happy the way you are.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
1 pint and 1 shot per hour should soon have you doing well, start when you wake up until you go to bed
Quote by Demonikk

As your addiction creeps in, your tolerance will rise.

Honestly though, low tolerance is a good thing. You need less to get drunk, therefore you pay less. Everybody wins.
it doesnt just happen you develop with drinking and with just age aswell. The older you get the more you will be able to handle..... within reason....... eg starting off a 18y/o could drink more than a 13y/o but there would me no difference between a 40y/o and a 45y/o........
i never eat before i drink. sometimes i eat while drunk though. in these days of economic hardship, i drink econo.

40s - god's gift to mankind.

also, the more muscle mass you have the more you can drink before going under.
#DTWD
Quote by MetalMegaMan

It'll make you an alchy and you'll have to spend a lot more money to get drunk. Be happy the way you are.

+1
I'd love to be a lightweight or mediumweight, then I could get pissed off a fiver or less, but it takes me half a pint of whiskey to get me tipsy
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk

WTF? why would you want to increase your tolerance?
Quote by dannay
As your addiction creeps in, your tolerance will rise.

Honestly though, low tolerance is a good thing. You need less to get drunk, therefore you pay less. Everybody wins.

Im from Northern Ireland though, most people can drink enough to kill an elephant by the time they are 30!
We'll be washed and buried one day my friend
And the time we were given will be left for the world
The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague
So let the memories be good for those who stay
Don't, it's cheaper to be a lightweight.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Eat a good meal, so your stomach is full, it will absorb some of the alcohol, drink water frequently, alchohol prevents the production of a hormone that regulates your urge to pee, therefor you pee alot more when you're drunk causing you to dehydrate and I guess feel more drunk lol and gives you a headache amongst others.

And if you wanna be a sponge, it takes time lol. But why?:p
Quote by MetalMegaMan

Go sip a ginger ale, Nancy boy! Real MEN drink, and plenty.

Eat a big meal before drinking. Eat snacks while you drink. Drink water between drinks to keep you hydrated. Drink a couple of huge glaqsses of water before you go to sleep so you won't hand over.
Guitar & Bass
yeh i think its stupid how the british youth seem to be obessed with getting hammerd as often as they can its a waste of money the worst part is they brag about it as if there being clever when really its stupid ...the amount of money they waste and what do they gain ...nothing execpt feeling sick or loss of memory...my advice is not drink alot use the money to save for something you want like a fancy bass/guitar if you so wish.
**** man, My alcohol tolerance was cool in drinking games. But now it just sucks. It takes me like 25 shots for me to pray to the porcelain gods. That sounds bad ass, but its not. Especially when you only make 7 dollars an hour. Savor it man. Besides, Chicks dig extremes. It's cute to drink little, and its Bad ass to drink a lot.

Cigarettes help you to stay sober, so I here, it never helped me. I'm thinking it might just be a placebo...
ask deadnought

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

If you're in your early to mid teens, then tolerance will just come with experience, keep drinking and as your liver wilts away, your ability to stay sober will increase. It's what I do, I'm still fifteen, so I'm not the strongest when it comes to drinking, but I'm a hell of a lot tougher than when I was thirteen.

FREDIT: Just checked your profile, you're twenty, not fifteen. Damn, well take my advice anyway.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Last edited by freddaahh at Jun 26, 2008,
Quote by bass is bestest
yeh i think its stupid how the british youth seem to be obessed with getting hammerd as often as they can its a waste of money the worst part is they brag about it as if there being clever when really its stupid ...the amount of money they waste and what do they gain ...nothing execpt feeling sick or loss of memory...my advice is not drink alot use the money to save for something you want like a fancy bass/guitar if you so wish.

Shut up straight edge. You're just jealous that you can't get your hands on some booze.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Hosscat
Go sip a ginger ale, Nancy boy! Real MEN drink, and plenty.

Eat a big meal before drinking. Eat snacks while you drink. Drink water between drinks to keep you hydrated. Drink a couple of huge glaqsses of water before you go to sleep so you won't hand over.

haha whatever you say dude. i'd rather spend $5 than 20 to get drunk.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Ugh i remeber once i had to puke on an empty stomach...it was horrible! I couldn't stop trying to puke and there was nothing in my stomach. this kept going the whole night!
Quote by bass is bestest

If people enjoy going out for a drink, it is not money wasted.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by bass is bestest

I'd rather get pissed with my mates than buy a new bass. I've already got a bass, its ****, but it does the job, I dont play bass all that much anymore anyway. Drinking is a laugh, and therefore I want to do it. I can afford to drink and I also save my money to get an expensive jacket or pair of adidas every so often, It's my money, I work for it. Dont try and tell me what to spend my hard earned cash on.
Drink heavily, then you won't notice how drunk you are.

Also become obese.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by DanRev
I'd rather get pissed with my mates than buy a new bass. I've already got a bass, its ****, but it does the job, I dont play bass all that much anymore anyway. Drinking is a laugh, and therefore I want to do it. I can afford to drink and I also save my money to get an expensive jacket or pair of adidas every so often, It's my money, I work for it. Dont try and tell me what to spend my hard earned cash on.

im not telling you how to spend ur hard earned cash im saying its a waste of money to get wasted every oportunity you can...but even if it was between affording something you like and drinking i would always pick buying something that i want cause at the end of the day ill have something to show for it.,..if u figured out how much u spent on alc a week (u havent said how often u drink so it may not apply to you)and the ammount u could have saved would probly shock you..
**** im totally hammered right nkow m,y grad is tomorrow and I just jhad alot people over and ai beer bonged a couple amnd i gotta go tom,oeeoq
Takes a lot of drinking man. Like everyone says too eat a lot especially bread helps. Sometimes if I know I'm going to go aggro on my partying ill just charge slices of bread before I go out. It absorbs the alcohol well during the night.

Don't listen to these guys having a high tolerance is good. Lightweights get made fun of around my peoples.
Just get drunk. A bunch. Like all the time. And make sure to eat tons when you want to have high tolerance to impress the ladies or whatever lame stuff you're trying to do, because that'll dilute it and make it easier, and you'll throw up way more when you finally vomit

Seriously, this is a retarded thread. Why would you want to increase it so badly? Just means you'll have to spend more. Just start drinking and stop being a pussy
Quote by Daydream_Goo
**** ya im a lightweight I only beer bonged like 6 and Im just completely doneskis

Love the doneskis.
Genetics?My brother and my dad can really drink,but I can't.I get high pretty fast,guess I inherited my mom's genes.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
too mucj of one i have indeedd
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
Quote by Aussieloco
Become Irish. Nuff said.

I checked his profile and he already is, and he;s about 20, an Irishman you can't handle his booze is destined only for priesthood - that's what you do in Ireland, get drunk or become a priest.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
1.Increase your height (possible. And height has more bearing than weight when it comes to alcohol)

2.Increase your intake of zinc (a vital part of alcohol dehydrogenase, the enzyme that breaks down alcohol)

3. Learn to pace yourself- drinking loads in a short time is still going to f*ck you up.

4. Realise that having a high alcohol tolerance is going to cost you a lot if you want to get pissed.

5. Realise that trying to increase your alcohol tolerance could destroy your liver. Everyone's different.
Quote by Malakian=God
I am curious as to how to increase my alcohol tolerance and was wondering if anyone has any tips. I know you have to drink consistently for an amount of time but does anyone know how much and for how long??

sounds like someone did something they're not quite proud of last time, and looking to remedy future events.
lol.
There's a road that leads to the end of all suffering. You should take it.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
Quote by ottoavist
sounds like someone did something they're not quite proud of last time, and looking to remedy future events.
lol.

I bet he's woken up too many times in the morning with a flaccid horse dong between his teeth and a bucketful of jizz all over his face, he thought, "Fuck, I need to strengthen myself up from all this shit."
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Page 1 of 2